Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Weapons of the "X"
Weapons of the "X" [message #59492] Tue, 28 September 2010 22:06 Go to next message
lord_X
Well if any one knows the Star Wars: Empire at War and Star Wars: Empire at War: Force of Corruption community (I'll just call it EaW:FoC for short), or is following the Mod for Freelancer called Freeworld: Tides of War (here by called FW:TOW) should know who I be but that is very un-likely...

Well I decided to re-install Fable:TLC and start modding in it again for some fun...

well now that little back ground story is done time for what i have to show...

1st up is the Hook sword...
Toggle Spoiler

2nd up is the Battlement Breaker
Toggle Spoiler

after these stay tuned for some more weapons and possibly some armor too

X

"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes,
he who does not ask is a fool for live." - Confucius

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae29/knives_lordX/my_2D_art/ark_sig_x1.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 02 October 2010 09:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59496 is a reply to message #59492] Wed, 29 September 2010 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I like the design of Sword 2. Sword 1 is a little to curvy for me though.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59497 is a reply to message #59496] Wed, 29 September 2010 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Keshire wrote on Wed, 29 September 2010 07:58

Some curvy designs can be cool, but having only two hit detection points and setting up matching effects (or settle with a straight effect and curved weapon) can make it not worthwhile.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59502 is a reply to message #59497] Wed, 29 September 2010 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lord_X

I happen to like curvy blades more so then straight edge blands

just my view thou

Stranger wrote on Wed, 29 September 2010 08:29

Some curvy designs can be cool, but having only two hit detection points and setting up matching effects (or settle with a straight effect and curved weapon) can make it not worthwhile.

i was going to use the curvy swords form the stock game as a reference ...

although i have a run into issues texturing the 1st sword...

so i'm just putting it on the side and mainly going to work on the 2nd and others that I have bouncing around my head

***edit***
Battlement Breaker - Fully Textured

X

[Updated on: Wed, 29 September 2010 19:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59503 is a reply to message #59502] Wed, 29 September 2010 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
If you post the mesh and texture(s), someone may save you the time and trouble of putting it in the game for you, or at least getting it Fable-ready or getting the graphics/textures in an FMP.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59508 is a reply to message #59503] Wed, 29 September 2010 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lord_X
Stranger wrote on Wed, 29 September 2010 22:32

If you post the mesh and texture(s), someone may save you the time and trouble of putting it in the game for you, or at least getting it Fable-ready or getting the graphics/textures in an FMP.

I just need to know the desired formats for both then, As i only really like to model and the texture is a needed evil, and really do not want to get to deep into moding Fable i just like to model and thought i would make some new weapons, if any one has ideas for weapons please by all means post an image and i may just make them (more in likely that is)

like the model to be in OBJ?

the texture to be in dds with what compression ratio dtx1 or dtx3, or is tga good, this kind of info, as its been a long time since i modeled for fable

this kind of info, would be nice so i can post them for you all to enjoy

X

Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59509 is a reply to message #59508] Wed, 29 September 2010 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
lord_X wrote on Wed, 29 September 2010 23:50

I just need to know the desired formats for both then
Depends on what you're using, but for now I'll recommend DirectX for the mesh and PNG for the texture. From there, the mesh can be imported into 3DS and made Fable-ready, imported to FE, assigned a texture, and assigned in definitions for a new in-game weapon. For the texture, PNG is good as it is lossless and handles alpha, so it acts as a standard that can be imported under different DXT formats as needed.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59513 is a reply to message #59492] Thu, 30 September 2010 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
That sword has a pretty obvious seem on the uvw. Also, looks like it's made of stone? Is that intentional?

I'd recommend looking up tutorials on brushed metal for a better sword texture.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw= 1223&bih=576&q=brushed+metal&gbv=2&aq=f& aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59517 is a reply to message #59513] Thu, 30 September 2010 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lord_X
Keshire wrote on Thu, 30 September 2010 07:43

That sword has a pretty obvious seem on the uvw.

if you are talking about the hang grip, i made it look that way on for a reason... to give the hand grip a ribbed look and its not right in the render yet still tweaking it bit to get the full effect i'm looking for

Also, looks like it's made of stone? Is that intentional?

No, its worn steel, not stone, learn more about metals

I'd recommend looking up tutorials on brushed metal for a better sword texture.

who ever said it was brushed metal, surely not me... not all blades are brushed metal

url= http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw= 1223&bih=576&q=brushed+metal&gbv=2&aq=f& aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=] http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw= 1223&bih=576&q=brushed+metal&gbv=2&aq=f& aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=[/url]

hey what do you know do a search on blade metal and worn steel blades... what do you find, some worn steel blades that are not brushed metal, go figure right

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&biw=1223&bih=576& amp;gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=blade+metal&aq =f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1& amp;&sa=X&ei=B-OkTPuSLsP48AaWsPHNCQ&ved=0CCQQvwU oAQ&q=worn+steel+blades&spell=1&biw=1186&bih =667

X

Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59518 is a reply to message #59517] Thu, 30 September 2010 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

No need to get cocky, Kesh is just giving you feedback.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59521 is a reply to message #59518] Thu, 30 September 2010 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lord_X
OldBoy wrote on Thu, 30 September 2010 14:52

No need to get cocky, Kesh is just giving you feedback.

that was far from cocky, a bit rude yes cocky not really...

as i was also pointing out that not every metal is brushed, and that there was other types, so you could also say i was giving him feedback to his feedback...

and not to assume that every one likes the brush metal look or is it the only type of metal is a bit cocky in my view...

X

Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59522 is a reply to message #59521] Thu, 30 September 2010 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Besides the weapons aren't even gonna look metal until they're in fable with the spec map set to 26-27

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59525 is a reply to message #59522] Thu, 30 September 2010 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
asmcint wrote on Thu, 30 September 2010 16:52

Besides the weapons aren't even gonna look metal until they're in fable with the spec map set to 26-27
26 is for eyes or other round things. 27 is for straight smooth surfaces, but 28 might be preferred here to give a softer shine. Maybe even 29, which is used for the chainmail.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59534 is a reply to message #59525] Fri, 01 October 2010 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really? I've found that 26 and 27 work the same on armors. Both make it overly reflective like archon's battle armor, and both add just the right amount of shine on weapons.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59536 is a reply to message #59492] Fri, 01 October 2010 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Mmm. Ok. Well the uvw still has a pretty obvious seam. The worn metal texture is very obviously mirrored.

But hey, if that's what your going for more power to you.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59537 is a reply to message #59536] Fri, 01 October 2010 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lord_X
Keshire wrote on Fri, 01 October 2010 16:49

Mmm. Ok. Well the uvw still has a pretty obvious seam. The worn metal texture is very obviously mirrored.

I could not get the look I wanted on the handel so i gave up on it and reuved and re-textured the hand grip to a darker look,

As far as the blade goes I did not mirror the texture what so ever... I uved the blade left to the right and welded the pivots, if that what you are thinks is a mirrored texture then you are in error, as it is easy to make the mistake.

Any ways on to what I came here for...

the reworked Battlement Breaker sword,
Toggle Spoiler

and a new weapons called the Skull Smasher,
Toggle Spoiler

X

Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59550 is a reply to message #59492] Sat, 02 October 2010 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lord_X
charrzarr wrote on Sat, 02 October 2010 09:51

if you changed the polearm into something closer to an axe it wud work(might even be reasonable now with the long blade and not too long of a handle)

i might just shorten the handle more and re-size one of the hooks to make it more of an axe... thinks for the idea

X

Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59558 is a reply to message #59550] Sat, 02 October 2010 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lord_X
I see that the thread was cleaned, although it really did not bother me as is did pertain to a model I was working on... oh well thanks any how

well now to post what i really came here for

The Battlement Breaker

model - "X" ("X" is me)
Rigging to .X format - "X" by following morerunes tutorial for blender (i used 3ds Max 9) usesful to a degree thanks morerunes
Texture - "X" with some texture references form the internet

the model in .x format and the texture in .png

I'm not sure if there is any editing needing done to the model or texture, but any one may use and edit and enjoy, but give credit where do

X

Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59577 is a reply to message #59492] Mon, 04 October 2010 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
Wow, these look nice Very Happy and I love the textures too!

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59647 is a reply to message #59577] Sat, 09 October 2010 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lord_X
just some thing i have been working on...

the texture is there but needs to be worked on as it shows to much of the brushing on the blade making it looks kind of odd

other then that it almost done

X

Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59664 is a reply to message #59647] Sun, 10 October 2010 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
ZANGETSU!!!if only we could have the dynamic mesh for the cloth on the hilt

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59683 is a reply to message #59664] Tue, 12 October 2010 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If that's zangetsu the blade needs to be wider....

Re: Weapons of the "X" [message #59684 is a reply to message #59683] Tue, 12 October 2010 15:52 Go to previous message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
asmcint wrote on Tue, 12 October 2010 11:29

If that's zangetsu the blade needs to be wider....

and darker(more contrast on the blade detail)

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Previous Topic: Briar Rose Bodyguard
Next Topic: Masamune and Muramasa
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:46:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01667 seconds