Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Realistic sword request.
Realistic sword request. [message #59553] Sat, 02 October 2010 13:38 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Okay, I'm flat sick and tired of fable's stupid longswords. Way too unrealistic. Seriously, the iron one looks like something only a minor noble would use, not a god danged town guard. The steel one looks so ornate only a king would be able to afford something like that. And obsidian.... Why not just take that and instead make those damascus blades, and since since a masterforged blade is just a fable version of a damascus blade,why not make an evil and good damascus sword to replace obsidian and master class blades!? And while I'm at it, wouldn't it be possible to make scabbards for swords? I mean as long as it's set up right you could make the scabbards quiver objects I'm sure. So yeah here's my request, and I hope someone fufills it.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59555 is a reply to message #59553] Sat, 02 October 2010 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
So, your grievance on realism isn't that the swords are big and stupid, but that the big and stupid swords are too decorative... Haven't you seen Ladyhawke? Lowly guards have styled weapons, that's not what matters. The important thing is that they're uniform, standard-issue.
asmcint wrote on Sat, 02 October 2010 15:38

scabbards
No. This is something that I have spent a lot of time looking into and there are several problems with it.
As a quiver object, it is weapon-specific but notice there's no longbow on your back when it's sheathed, just a quiver. Similarly, there would only be an empty sheath on your back when the melee weapon is sheathed.
Alternatively you could go with a clothing item. The problem with that is that it isn't weapon-specific. If I'm wearing a longsword sheath and I try sheathing a greathammer, it obviously wouldn't look right.
And I had a couple of other longshot theories but nothing panned out.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 October 2010 13:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59556 is a reply to message #59555] Sat, 02 October 2010 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ahh that sucks. But I only meant to include longswords in my realistic weapon request. Simply because I like the look of the bastard swords you posted so I intended to use them in place of greatswords... but I'd bump up their prices in the game considerably.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59559 is a reply to message #59553] Sat, 02 October 2010 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jake is currently offline  Jake
Well, if you don't care for the detail of the bow's quiver, you (or someone else) can make a replacement quiver for let's say the yew longbow that seems to go around the longsword, but really their not attacked/welded together.
Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59562 is a reply to message #59559] Sat, 02 October 2010 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Jake wrote on Sat, 02 October 2010 20:05

Well, if you don't care for the detail of the bow's quiver, you (or someone else) can make a replacement quiver for let's say the yew longbow that seems to go around the longsword, but really their not attacked/welded together.
That's actually not a bad idea, but there's still the problem that it's not weapon-specific. So it would still lead to a problem when sheathing a weapon that isn't a longsword.
Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59564 is a reply to message #59562] Sun, 03 October 2010 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jake is currently offline  Jake
Possibly different bow quivers for different weapons, like Oak Crossbow for katana, oak longbow for cleaver, etc... but that could take a lot of work, you could just use the longsword quiver on only one bow, and for the others try and ignore the sheathlessness Laughing
Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59567 is a reply to message #59564] Sun, 03 October 2010 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well like I said before I only wanted any of this for longswords, because I only use light weapons anymore, and because the swords just needed a quality boost. I don't really care if the scabbard's made or not but a realistic longsword is something I REALLY want. That and maybe more realistic katanas(seriously fable katanas are freaking cleavers} though I probably wouldn't use the katanas.

Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59570 is a reply to message #59567] Mon, 04 October 2010 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
i have nearly finished a katana mesh and if someone wants to texture it and make it fable-ready ill post it...as for longswords, i am trying to get my Dragon Soul longsword made fable-ready and if people like it i will work on a more realistic longsword that may perhaps be used as a replacement of the current ones

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59575 is a reply to message #59570] Mon, 04 October 2010 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'll see If I can't do a texture for the katana when you finish it charzarr. And I'll go about making it fable ready while I'm at it, as long as you don't mean adding helpers and such to it.

Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59580 is a reply to message #59575] Mon, 04 October 2010 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i DO mean adding helpers and such

Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59593 is a reply to message #59580] Tue, 05 October 2010 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

charrzarr wrote on Mon, 04 October 2010 21:37

i DO mean adding helpers and such

Crap. So much for doing that then. I only trust blender for dealing with meshes and I have yet to find a tutorial for it that's not too long winded, or doesn't skip to crap not previously explained. =/

Re: Realistic sword request. [message #59597 is a reply to message #59593] Tue, 05 October 2010 16:05 Go to previous message
well i finished that katana mesh if anyone wants it PM me(just don't go uploading it to any other sites or steal my work) ill start work on a longsword mesh now to try to fulfill the request(someone else will have to texture it as my texturing skills are nearly nonexistent)(also helpers and making it fable ready)

Previous Topic: New Mapping tool.
Next Topic: any 1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:40:59 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01627 seconds