Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » New Mapping tool.
New Mapping tool. [message #59572] Mon, 04 October 2010 14:28 Go to next message
Jake is currently offline  Jake
I know this seems a little much, although, for the game Halo: Combat Evolved, there is a 3D modding tool known as SparkEdit, which lets you modify the maps in a 3D environment. I was wondering if someone could make that for fable. if this was created entirely new maps could be made (using flat rectangles textured with grass I guess). Ofcourse the map would sorta have to go over an old map. but still this would be a useful tool. especially if you're making a new town.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2010 14:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Mapping tool. [message #59573 is a reply to message #59572] Mon, 04 October 2010 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Being new, you should carefully read this thread:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2508& ;start=0&
It is filled with info and links to other threads that are helpful. There is a link to "chocolate box" that is a 3d editing tool.

Re: New Mapping tool. [message #59590 is a reply to message #59572] Tue, 05 October 2010 10:08 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Making a map editor for Halo was easy since the levels and everything were stored in BSP format. Which is very generic.

Fable and FableTLC uses a format that was written by Big Blue Box. It's broken, flawed and contains data left over from previous versions of the format that is no longer used.

Not many people are going to want to touch it just to make a map editor for a niche game.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: Different Futshibambutshi Sword
Next Topic: Realistic sword request.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:29:10 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01831 seconds