Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Help Albion Explorer
Help Albion Explorer [message #59611] Thu, 07 October 2010 07:55 Go to next message
Envy is currently offline  Envy
Hello.

I write because I have a big problem. I make some small changes to the game on the hero's appearance and characteristics of certain weapons. I would now like attack on the chests.

I downloaded and I followed all the tutorials to the letter for the installation of Albion Explorer (same for FreeRoam and Framework). I run the program, for example I open the file from the evil door of Darkwood is to change the treasure, and I click on World Editor. But the program stops working and closes at once.

I tried everything and I will like to know if it is I who made a mistake or if it is simply incompatible with Windows 7?
Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59620 is a reply to message #59611] Thu, 07 October 2010 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

The only help I can offer is to link you to this thread:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=4625& ;start=0&
It is a Vista thread, but Win7 is the same. Search more Vista threads if you do not find all the help you need in the one linked to.

Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59621 is a reply to message #59611] Thu, 07 October 2010 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
It's not a Vista issue, no access denied prompt.
It's a dependency issue. Get all the prerequisites, and before you say you already have them, you might actually try getting all the prerequisites.

.NET Framework 2.0 SP1
MSVC++ 2005 SP1

Do it.
Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59624 is a reply to message #59611] Fri, 08 October 2010 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DarkONI is currently offline  DarkONI
Because I have been modding a lot on Windows 7, and it already has almost if not all the pre-requisites. I would suggest to attempt and run Albion Explorer (and any other tool) In compatibility mode.

Usually Windows XP SP3 mode makes things work for me, also consider downloading (in the extreme case) Windows XP mode for Windows 7, to give it a shoot, it's always worth it.
Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59626 is a reply to message #59624] Fri, 08 October 2010 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
DarkONI wrote on Fri, 08 October 2010 09:22

Because I have been modding a lot on Windows 7, and it already has almost if not all the pre-requisites. I would suggest to attempt and run Albion Explorer (and any other tool) In compatibility mode.

Usually Windows XP SP3 mode makes things work for me, also consider downloading (in the extreme case) Windows XP mode for Windows 7, to give it a shoot, it's always worth it.

Just curious Does every tool work for you?

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59627 is a reply to message #59626] Fri, 08 October 2010 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DarkONI is currently offline  DarkONI
IDontKnow wrote on Fri, 08 October 2010 08:06

Just curious Does every tool work for you?

Yes, always. I never had any problem with any of the tools on the website. I run on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Just follow the guides and every resource you can find here, and you will be okay.
Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59630 is a reply to message #59627] Fri, 08 October 2010 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
Fair enough.

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59657 is a reply to message #59611] Sun, 10 October 2010 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you I solved my problem with Albion Explorer by installing it on another computer.

But I need help with something else.

To begin to give me a hand. I wanted to add the hats of witches in the coffers of demonic door Greatwood and Darkwood.

I opened the files "DemonDoor_DarkwoodSporeSwamp" and "DemonDoor_GreatwoodGrannysHouse" then click "World Editor" then "[OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE].

I added the hats in boxes, stored and launched the game but when I then open the safe in question, NOTHING has worked and everything remains normal.
Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59659 is a reply to message #59657] Sun, 10 October 2010 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Did you delete or rename the FinalAlbion.wad file from:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels
?

If it is still there, it will be used, not the modded tng files.

Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59660 is a reply to message #59657] Sun, 10 October 2010 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Envy wrote on Sun, 10 October 2010 15:26

I added the hats in boxes, stored and launched the game but when I then open the safe in question, NOTHING has worked and everything remains normal.
That sounds like two possible issues. The first one is easy, rename, move or delete the FinalAlbion.wad. If the FinalAlbion.wad is there, the game will use it instead of the TNGs/LEVs.

The second is also easy, but involves more. It's the Vista issue (or Windows 7 issue if you prefer). First, make sure there's nothing in the Virtual Store. Delete the following directory:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters
Second, take ownership of the Program Files directory. Open Command Prompt, type in:

takeown /f "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters"
And if you're one of those 'all due diligence' people, take ownership of whatever directory you're putting the tools in as well. Third, whenever you run any of the tools or the game itself, right-click|Run as Admin. And you're all set to go.
Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59665 is a reply to message #59611] Mon, 11 October 2010 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just can not run the game without the *.wad file. This plant and closes as soon as it loads a map.

I do not know what to do. I tried to start from scratch but I can not find a good tutorial and when I find it is always incomplete.

So if someone could explain everything from the beginning with the installation of Albion Explorer étapte by step with pictures to show me.

Thank you in advance to anyone who will help me.
Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59667 is a reply to message #59665] Mon, 11 October 2010 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Envy wrote on Mon, 11 October 2010 09:23

I just can not run the game without the *.wad file. This plant and closes as soon as it loads a map.
...wut
You used FreeRoam? You used AlbionExplorer? Then you can run Fable without FinalAlbion.wad. User setup is wrong, user error was made.
Re: Help Albion Explorer [message #59668 is a reply to message #59611] Mon, 11 October 2010 12:53 Go to previous message
Finally, I managed to solve all my problems. Thank you for everything. Very Happy
Previous Topic: Problems with cbox and ShadowNet (jwc2200)
Next Topic: Fable Explorer beta 4 error please help..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 19:28:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01024 seconds