Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Objects » JohnDoe Masks
JohnDoe Masks [message #59792] Tue, 19 October 2010 20:27 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
http://i.imgur.com/fZj4z.png

Spawn as:
OBJECT_HERO_HAT_JD_MASK_01
OBJECT_HERO_HAT_JD_MASK_02

Also attached is a ZIP archive full of concept textures I was considering. To apply a different texture, use the mod first, then open textures.big in FE, scroll to the bottom, and load the texture of your choice over the mask texture you wish to change (first one is full mask, second one is half mask). Enjoy.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2010 22:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59794 is a reply to message #59792] Wed, 20 October 2010 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

They look great, and they happen to match the version of the Plate suit I am using at the moment:
  • Attachment: jdmask.jpg
    (Size: 140.56KB, Downloaded 6080 times)

Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59795 is a reply to message #59792] Wed, 20 October 2010 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Ah man, I was hoping I could update it before anyone downloaded it.
I had found a few issues. Scariness, attractiveness was off for the half-mask, and body placement was off for both masks. I also realized that I hadn't left a way to texture each mask individually. All solved now, but may cause issues if loading the new FMP over the old one... it might work, you'll still have a leftover and unused texture entry...

Anyway, thanks for trying it out and for the compliment. Smile
More to come.
Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59812 is a reply to message #59792] Thu, 21 October 2010 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
First post updated, attached concept textures and templates to make it easier for people to make their own textures. Enjoy.
Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59831 is a reply to message #59792] Fri, 22 October 2010 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jake is currently offline  Jake
I have a few of my own concepts I made. I made them to look like more of an ancient face paint style. Hope you like them. There are 6 in all.

PS You have to convert them to BMP on your own.

Added updated ones and a preview.
V2 has bonus one.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 October 2010 21:11]

Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59834 is a reply to message #59812] Fri, 22 October 2010 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 21 October 2010 22:42

First post updated, attached concept textures and templates to make it easier for people to make their own textures. Enjoy.

Well, that was not quite what I expected when you said 'concept textures', but they're still interesting. What happened to the ones that didn't have marble in the design? (Such as the one with keyhole-like shape on it?)

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59836 is a reply to message #59834] Fri, 22 October 2010 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
nicomon wrote on Fri, 22 October 2010 22:23

Well, that was not quite what I expected when you said 'concept textures', but they're still interesting. What happened to the ones that didn't have marble in the design? (Such as the one with keyhole-like shape on it?)
I don't remember any with a keyhole shape. Neutral

They were all marble designs, black, grey or white marble, and I had decided that white was best and so all of the concept textures went in that direction. They are all derived from face tattoos (except dragon and balverine) or other texture layers for the face... in fact you might be thinking of the dragon concept. It was edited to have the tail removed because it took up too much space and didn't look right.
Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59837 is a reply to message #59836] Fri, 22 October 2010 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 22 October 2010 21:07

nicomon wrote on Fri, 22 October 2010 22:23

I don't remember any with a keyhole shape. Neutral

They were all marble designs, black, grey or white marble, and I had decided that white was best and so all of the concept textures went in that direction. They are all derived from face tattoos (except dragon and balverine) or other texture layers for the face... in fact you might be thinking of the dragon concept. It was edited to have the tail removed because it took up too much space and didn't look right.

I looked through the concepts again, and realized that I missed the one I mentioned. It's 'Concept-09'. The shape in the middle bottom looked similar to a keyhole in the screenshots of it...

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59900 is a reply to message #59837] Sun, 24 October 2010 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Why is it that every screenshot I see with these masks the wearer is bald? o.o Does the mask do that automatically or do y'all just shave the hair off in game to avoid clipping?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59909 is a reply to message #59900] Sun, 24 October 2010 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

The baldness is a coincidence, my other pic in this thread is with a modded ponytail, not bald. Here is one with hair:

Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59915 is a reply to message #59909] Mon, 25 October 2010 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Okay. I was just wondering...

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: JohnDoe Masks [message #59916 is a reply to message #59915] Mon, 25 October 2010 12:17 Go to previous message

Retired
My current setup is bare minimal: only one map loads, no scripts, Hero has no morphing, Hero has no armor, weapons, hair, effects, no items of any kind except for what I'm testing. So all there is to see in my screenshots is the Hero's base mesh and whatever I'm testing.

I do this because it's faster and easier in every way possible.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2010 12:18]

Previous Topic: Dragon Soul
Next Topic: Diernothil
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:26:50 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01114 seconds