Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Need help using FE to edit shopkeeps
Need help using FE to edit shopkeeps [message #60007] Wed, 03 November 2010 09:45 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

God I can't believe I'm asking for help in this area. o.o Anyway I need help with editing shopkeepers using only FE. Specifically I need to put new objects into the wares of said shopkeepers. I've looked around for a few minutes, first checking tutorials and then using search. Unfortunately I couldnt find anything so here I am. As I said before I only want to use FE to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Need help using FE to edit shopkeeps [message #60010 is a reply to message #60007] Wed, 03 November 2010 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

I'm really rusty on definitions, but the CShopDef comes to mind?
There's a link in my new to modding fable thread, but it doesn't work anymore since they switched forum software over at projectego.net.

Anyway I did find them... see this and this.

Be aware that you can only edit a shop's contents if you haven't visited that shop yet. If you have it's stored in your savegame.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2010 13:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help using FE to edit shopkeeps [message #60011 is a reply to message #60010] Wed, 03 November 2010 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Okay thank you. One more question. If I make an fmp out of a shopkeep edit, does the person who uses it have to have not visited the shopkeeps edited prior to the use of said mod?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Need help using FE to edit shopkeeps [message #60014 is a reply to message #60011] Wed, 03 November 2010 13:38 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Yep, same goes for anyone's game. Once visited, there's no way to change the contents of a shop.
Better to create your own shop/trader if you want to spread a mod.
Keshire made this to do just that.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: original model id for Creature_Hero?
Next Topic: Two Handed Avo's Tear?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:02:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01011 seconds