Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.-
Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60024] Wed, 03 November 2010 18:25 Go to next message
Hakarou is currently offline  Hakarou
One: Nothing i download works
Two: Everytime i try to navigate the website it logs me out.
Three: Some links i go to bring me to random websites i don't want. -.-'

thanks for anyone who can help me with any or all of these problems.
Re: Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60025 is a reply to message #60024] Wed, 03 November 2010 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
1. Internet Explorer sucks;
2. Not Sure what could cause this; probably need to enable cookies, or somesuch like that.
3. You may THINK you don't want them, but you actually do... All are helpful in some way.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2010 18:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60031 is a reply to message #60025] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
nicomon wrote on Wed, 03 November 2010 20:40

3. You may THINK you don't want them, but you actually do... All are helpful in some way.
Or he's checking out some spam links. While we do cut down on the spam, sometimes us staff members like to have a little fun, amirite?
Re: Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60034 is a reply to message #60031] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So then I should change the 'all' to 'most'? And yes, I agree with that second part.

Re: Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60036 is a reply to message #60034] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
nicomon wrote on Wed, 03 November 2010 21:37

So then I should change the 'all' to 'most'? And yes, I agree with that second part.
Well yea, but you should also change the Internet Explorer sucks bit. Yes, it sucks, but I think he's saying that our tools don't work. You know what the policy says when someone says that our tools don't work.

The Policy says:

When an especially new member joins the forums, immediately experiences issues downloading and using the tools, and then says that the tools do not work, the user is to be referred to the Tutorials subforum, told to read the stickies, and ignored until he or she has a valid or at least descriptive issue aside from "it doesn't work".
Re: Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60037 is a reply to message #60036] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knew we were supposed to do that, but I didn't know there was a policy about it./fail.

Re: Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60065 is a reply to message #60024] Fri, 05 November 2010 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hakarou is currently offline  Hakarou
Fffffff. I enabled all cookies and it's still logging me out. maybe i should try making another account?
Re: Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60066 is a reply to message #60065] Fri, 05 November 2010 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Hakarou wrote on Fri, 05 November 2010 12:25

maybe i should try making another account?
No. That wouldn't do anything but give you two accounts with the same problem... whatever the problem is.
Re: Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60070 is a reply to message #60024] Fri, 05 November 2010 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Also a lot of downloads don't work because the database has been corrupted a few times in the past. Newer stuff should work.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60071 is a reply to message #60070] Fri, 05 November 2010 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
We've had problems before, but the only current one is that the site doesn't like IE6.

All but one of the other kinks we've had were fixed by Pe_Ell's tinkering or simple forum maintenance. The only other one was a download that, for unknown reasons but not related to any other reasons, didn't work. File was still in the database too. OldBoy reuploaded it and it's been okay since.

Everything should work, unless you use Internet Explorer. One guy said downloads worked with IE8. As always, I suggest using Firefox because Internet Explorer blows. I think this issue has to do with Pe_Ell's new setup when he switched everything to a dedicated VM.
Re: Okay... multiple things are drivin' me mad here... -.- [message #60075 is a reply to message #60071] Sat, 06 November 2010 01:44 Go to previous message
grovyle
JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 05 November 2010 21:22

One guy said downloads worked with IE8.

No it doesn't, unfortunately. Still I agree that other browsers work best on the Web. This is not the first time I experienced problems with IE.

Maybe IE9 will work...
Previous Topic: Help
Next Topic: Interesting Animation Entry.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:39:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02028 seconds