Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Two Handed Avo's Tear?
Two Handed Avo's Tear? [message #60054] Thu, 04 November 2010 17:03 Go to next message
Duhart is currently offline  Duhart
Hello, I'm new here, just started looking into Fable editing. I was wondering if there's a simple way of turning a one handed sword into two handed? Avo's tear looks really weird when the hero holds it with just one hand.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2010 17:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Two Handed Avo's Tear? [message #60055 is a reply to message #60054] Thu, 04 November 2010 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Yes there is as a matter of fact. Find avo's tear in fable explorer. Double click the object entry, click the plus sign next to OBJECT in the window that pops up. Then, click the phrase, "cdefs". Scroll down until you find the cweapondef. Click on the blue link you'll find in that little square. In the window that pops up click your little plus sign, go to what should be labeled"animation group", click it, and in the side area there should be a little text area. Type in HEAVY_WEAPON. That will change the animations used for avo's tear to that of a greatsword. (I learned this from youtube and did not find the tutorial here, so I won't admonish you about using the search button. THIS TIME. (Epic forshadowing or just me being wierd?)) Twisted Evil

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Two Handed Avo's Tear? [message #60063 is a reply to message #60054] Fri, 05 November 2010 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duhart is currently offline  Duhart
But I did use the search function. :P I've been looking how to do this for two days now. Didn't remember to check Youtube, I'm going to look for that guide then, since I can't find the "animation group".

EDIT: Yeah, looks like the group is just called Weapon Type String. It says Animation group on the video as well. Let's see if it works.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2010 08:48]

Re: Two Handed Avo's Tear? [message #60068 is a reply to message #60063] Fri, 05 November 2010 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Look. It's really quite simple. *** NO BMPS!!! Picture edited to a bandwidth-friendly monochrome PNG. - JohnDoe ***
  • Attachment: NOBMPS.PNG
    (Size: 10.66KB, Downloaded 1454 times)

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2010 14:24] by Moderator

Re: Two Handed Avo's Tear? [message #60069 is a reply to message #60068] Fri, 05 November 2010 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

This thread:
http://projectego.net/forums/threads/your-own-legendary-weap on.2015/
Discusses many weapon changes including how to make a 2 handed weapon 1 handed. Reverse that for what you want.
Just changing the Animation Group, and not the CCarryableDef/Carry Slot may not work, or may at least look funny.

Re: Two Handed Avo's Tear? [message #60090 is a reply to message #60069] Sat, 06 November 2010 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've found that using only the animation group leaves it with heavy weapon animations but leaves it as a light weapon, so you can use it at any point. Other than that it works perfectly. =)

Re: Two Handed Avo's Tear? [message #60091 is a reply to message #60090] Sat, 06 November 2010 16:34 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Take a look at class/type variables in a longsword and copy it over to the weapon you're editing.
Previous Topic: Need help using FE to edit shopkeeps
Next Topic: Chickens for Projectiles?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:02:00 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01113 seconds