Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Font / Text size change
Font / Text size change [message #60179] Sun, 14 November 2010 20:38 Go to next message
whatnameshouldi is currently offline  whatnameshouldi
Hello

Ive just started playing Fable: TLC and i met a strange issue. Some of the long texts dont seem to fit on the description screen (eg books, character info) and the scroll bar to the right doest not move. This doesnt happen with all text but is persistent when it happens. It is speacially true for the texts that are almost the same length than teh description window (eg Love Story Book).

I had a look with the Fable Explorer and i was able to locate the file where the fonts are placed (data\lang\English\fonts.big), but i wasnt able to figure how to change font size as that is the best solution i could come up with (i dont have much experience but i thought it was doable).

So i was wondering if anyone could point me to which section of code i should change to lower text size. Ive chosen this solution as my PC has some serious graphics issues related with my screen and drivers that i cant fix (so updating drivers or the usual solutions wont work in this case).

Ill appreciate any help with this.

Thanks
whatname

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2010 20:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Font / Text size change [message #60180 is a reply to message #60179] Mon, 15 November 2010 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've ever done anything with font sizes... If I'm correct about that then there'd be too much work involved to crack the fonts.big(It can be opened through FE but so far I can't view any form of definitions in the entries. I will keep trying though, as I did find the text sizes. Very Happy ).

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Font / Text size change [message #60182 is a reply to message #60179] Mon, 15 November 2010 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DarkONI is currently offline  DarkONI
It must be your resolution. Try using a bigger one. Plus if you have problem with your graphics card then you should expect problems in video games too.
Re: Font / Text size change [message #60188 is a reply to message #60182] Mon, 15 November 2010 15:09 Go to previous message
whatnameshouldi is currently offline  whatnameshouldi
Thanks for having a look at this. Smile

It must be the strangest thing ive seen but it seems that changing resolution in game on my PC only meant a font change (not any other noticeable change) therefore resulting in text being too big for boxes. I lowered resolution to 800x600 to make some more testing and realised this, thus being no advantage playing on 1280x720 as it wasnt in fact that resolution.

I dont know if you will understand what i mean. Anyway i no longer need to do that kind of editing on font size so ill enjoy the game for now. Once im done ill be back to test the mods, some sound really interesting.

Thanks again
whatname

P.S.: If anyone wants to keep digging on this, according to my testing font size seems to be related with chosen resolution. If by chance also want screenshots let me know, ill post some.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2010 15:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Windows 7 Albion Explorer help
Next Topic: Albian explorer problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:46:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01141 seconds