Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » The game stops working when changing textures..
The game stops working when changing textures.. [message #60184] Mon, 15 November 2010 09:57 Go to next message
Graenditheos is currently offline  Graenditheos

I have run into yet another problem that has NEVER occurred to me before. I have taken ownership over the all my files in the Fable-folder.

I merge the Textures.big with the skorms apprentice texture posted on this site and I save mods and run fable. When I hover on the apprentice suit, the game stops working. Now I am going to test another texture to see if it'll work. If it doesn't, I'm going to throw my computer out the window.

EDITS:
1. No, it didn't work.. :c
2. Now it crashes everytime. WTF..

http://i.imgur.com/g4cbR.gif

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2010 11:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The game stops working when changing textures.. [message #60185 is a reply to message #60184] Mon, 15 November 2010 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DarkONI is currently offline  DarkONI
What's your operating system? If that's Windows Vista or Windows 7 then I recommend to properly read the tutorials available about them.

Secondly, assure that you have taken ownership of the files you are talking about.

Last, if you see that the tool you are using isn't responding, that's normal in the case of a huge file or re-texture, so give it some time before closing the application.

If none of the above seem to solve your problem, and before trying to apply any modification in Fable: The Lost Chapters, you should re-install the games or use your backups
Re: The game stops working when changing textures.. [message #60203 is a reply to message #60185] Mon, 15 November 2010 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

DarkONI wrote on Mon, 15 November 2010 21:09

What's your operating system? If that's Windows Vista or Windows 7 then I recommend to properly read the tutorials available about them.

Secondly, assure that you have taken ownership of the files you are talking about.

Last, if you see that the tool you are using isn't responding, that's normal in the case of a huge file or re-texture, so give it some time before closing the application.

If none of the above seem to solve your problem, and before trying to apply any modification in Fable: The Lost Chapters, you should re-install the games or use your backups

Well yes I do have Win7, and I can use the Item Pack and other mods, the problems only occur when I apply other textures. Even when I use my backups the game crashes. I guess that has something to do with the character though. Ugh, I should get another computer with XP on it.

About the non-responding tools, it takes 4-5 seconds to load a huge file, nothing to be panicking over. ^^

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2010 23:57]

Re: The game stops working when changing textures.. [message #60204 is a reply to message #60203] Tue, 16 November 2010 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

EDIT: had it backwards, fixed now:
Maybe you forgot to change the alpha back to zero on a DXT-1, or maybe you changed it to zero on a DXT-3.
DXT-1 needs to be 0
DXT-3 needs to be 1
The crashing after replacing with back ups could mean you need to delete 'Virtual Store'. Just a couple of suggestions.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2010 12:34]

Re: The game stops working when changing textures.. [message #60205 is a reply to message #60204] Tue, 16 November 2010 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

jwc2200 wrote on Tue, 16 November 2010 15:41

Fixed
DXT-1 needs to be 0
DXT-3 needs to be 1.

I'm going to check the alpha and DXT-thingy, that might be it. I did delete my Virtual Store, so I don't think that is the problem.

EDIT: 1. [Deleted text as I caused confusion-Moderator] If so, I think I just found the source to my problem.
... But I didn't.
2. THIS MIGHT BE USEFUL, all my textures are blank, even the ones I didn't edit. Complete emptiness.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2010 16:52] by Moderator

Re: The game stops working when changing textures.. [message #60206 is a reply to message #60205] Tue, 16 November 2010 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
thats a normal occurence if u are trying to view them after runing fable...close FE and bring it back up to have them back...cant help u with the other stuff tho sorry

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: The game stops working when changing textures.. [message #60207 is a reply to message #60206] Tue, 16 November 2010 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well thanks anyway.. So frustrated right now..

Re: The game stops working when changing textures.. [message #60231 is a reply to message #60184] Thu, 18 November 2010 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, with the DXT-3/1-thing, everything looks normal. Maybe I should just get the BMP/PNG's for the textures.

Re: The game stops working when changing textures.. [message #60236 is a reply to message #60231] Thu, 18 November 2010 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
Sometimes the textures just won't work, I'm not Entirly sure why, It happened to me a few times when I was (Still am) making snow textures for the ground and npcs'

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: The game stops working when changing textures.. [message #60272 is a reply to message #60184] Fri, 19 November 2010 17:43 Go to previous message

Hm. Maybe the problem lies in FE, I remembered just now that the latest FE doesn't have an installer, so I just uninstalled it and got the latest (I think) version of it, including the def.xml-file from the tools section. If this fails, I'll just skip the texture-swapping until I can get my hands on Windows XP (or a new PC with XP).

Previous Topic: evil spells
Next Topic: mod weapons i downloaded
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:24:47 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01319 seconds