Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Original Fishing Values Needed
Original Fishing Values Needed [message #60325] Sun, 21 November 2010 22:10 Go to next message
Freakie is currently offline  Freakie
Hey guys, I've seemed to have messed something up with my fishing so that now as soon as a "fish" is snagged, it automatically gets away. I didn't realize there was a problem until a while after touching the values, so I can't remember the original stuff! So if anyone out there could pleeeeeeeease post the CFishDef, CFishingDef, and CFishingRodDef then I would really appreciate it Very Happy
Re: Original Fishing Values Needed [message #60328 is a reply to message #60325] Sun, 21 November 2010 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DarkONI is currently offline  DarkONI
Just apply your backups. Read this tutorial.
Re: Original Fishing Values Needed [message #60355 is a reply to message #60328] Mon, 22 November 2010 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Oni, I'm trying to grab the files off of the disk but for some reason it's not working, unless I am doing something wrong here, so here's what I'm doing:

Going to the .cab where the files are
Copy the file, move it to the installation folder in C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\

Then I run Fable Explorer, and go to check to see if the values have changed, and they haven't. I've done this with all the files in that tutorial, is it possible that maybe the fishing stuff is in a different file? Or am I just doing something wrong like needing to run Fable before starting FE?

Thanks for the help Smile
Re: Original Fishing Values Needed [message #60357 is a reply to message #60355] Mon, 22 November 2010 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Quick question, are you by chance using Vista or Windows 7?
Also, be sure to copy the correct files. The one you're looking for is the game.bin.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2010 21:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Original Fishing Values Needed [message #60358 is a reply to message #60357] Mon, 22 November 2010 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Win7 x64
Re: Original Fishing Values Needed [message #60359 is a reply to message #60358] Mon, 22 November 2010 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Freakie wrote on Mon, 22 November 2010 23:00

Win7 x64
Great, progress. Skip down to the part about deleting files from the VirtualStore.
Re: Original Fishing Values Needed [message #60360 is a reply to message #60359] Mon, 22 November 2010 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh hell, now it just randomly decided to work. I retried the game.bin and the only thing I did different was tell FE to Run as Admin. Can't imagine that's what the problem was, but maybe I messed it up the first time I tried. Going to copy the values now, put my old game.bin back and fix it!

You know how things only work for you once you get someone who knows how to fix it around Rolling Eyes

Odd, after getting the original game.bin to work, I was having trouble restoring my old one and having FE recognize that I had. Eventually I wound up deleting the one in the Program Files folder and replacing it with the one in the Virtual Store folder.

But I have it all fixed now, and even have the one-click fishing mod working too. Turned out I had messed up the last value in the CFishingRodDef and that caused it to go wonky.

Thanks for the help Oni Smile I think without you pointing out that Virtual Store bit, I'd have lost my original mods!

And... is it normal to catch a Moonfish that weighs in at 3990? I just caught one that big when testing to see if everything worked...

Oh Skorm, I'm an idiot. I meant to say thanks John, not Oni. I just kept thinking about his name for some reason.

Thank you John Razz And Oni too... Both of you guys were helpful

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2010 00:20] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Original Fishing Values Needed [message #60374 is a reply to message #60360] Tue, 23 November 2010 00:05 Go to previous message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Learn to use the Edit button please. Triple posts are bad.

Previous Topic: Chickens for Projectiles?
Next Topic: Frostmourne
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:31:42 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01590 seconds