Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Objects » Diernothil
Diernothil [message #60492] Sun, 28 November 2010 06:42 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

This mod creates a new sword. This is a test to see if I can make a new object and have the FMP work. Plus I just felt like releasing this.

stats

Also, If you're looking for a decent, quick read, check out the weapon's description, it gives you a full history of the sword. Wink

EDIT: For those of you who want it in a chest I have put it in the chest with the Holy Warrior Helm. I will post a screenshot of it when I get to that point in the game. TNG Below.
EDIT2:I forgot to add how to use the TNG, for newbs. So here it is. First you have to have used the freeroam app or had cbox ready your modding environment. Now go into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable-The Lost Chapters\data\Levels\Finalalbion. Take the tng, and drop it in the Finalalbion folder. It will ask you if you wish to overwrite the existing version of that file. Say yes. Now load fable, and if you haven't visited the lost bay yet on that save, you should be able to get it no problem. Now that being said if anyone asks how to use the tng, my head will explode.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 November 2010 09:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Diernothil [message #60514 is a reply to message #60492] Mon, 29 November 2010 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Works just fine, looks good. Nice mod.

Re: Diernothil [message #60524 is a reply to message #60514] Tue, 30 November 2010 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you. I pretty much made that out of a want for a legendary sword with golden inscriptions. I used the obsidian longsword mesh and texture to create it. Also sometimes in cutscenes it will appear as the obsidian longsword for a split second before reverting back to Diernothil.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Diernothil [message #60530 is a reply to message #60524] Tue, 30 November 2010 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

asmcint wrote on Tue, 30 November 2010 07:19

Thank you....
Also sometimes in cutscenes it will appear as the obsidian longsword for a split second before reverting back to Diernothil.

Your welcome, and the cut-scene thing happens with a few other weapons also.

Re: Diernothil [message #60533 is a reply to message #60492] Tue, 30 November 2010 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Simple issue, simple fix, just assign the new textures to the other LODs in the mesh entry.
Re: Diernothil [message #60545 is a reply to message #60533] Wed, 01 December 2010 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Actually, it looks to me that the LODs have little to nothing to do with the submeshes and materials, at least as long as each LOD uses the same submeshes. Because whenever I make a change in the materials area on one LOD, apply changes on the lower button, and then switch LODs to try to do the same, the material area doesn't change in the slightest.

Re: Diernothil [message #60547 is a reply to message #60545] Wed, 01 December 2010 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
asmcint wrote on Wed, 01 December 2010 13:41

Actually, it looks to me that the LODs have little to nothing to do with the submeshes and materials, at least as long as each LOD uses the same submeshes. Because whenever I make a change in the materials area on one LOD, apply changes on the lower button, and then switch LODs to try to do the same, the material area doesn't change in the slightest.
You're doing it wrong. Wink
You're seeing the data for the selected submesh, which is in the other LOD. Click the submesh in the list again once you've changed LODs. You'll see that the data will change.
Re: Diernothil [message #60549 is a reply to message #60547] Wed, 01 December 2010 13:04 Go to previous message

Oh. I will try that later then.

Previous Topic: JohnDoe Masks
Next Topic: Excalibur
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:37:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01236 seconds