Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Callandor
Callandor [message #60495] Sun, 28 November 2010 17:19 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

For those like me who enjoy Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time book series, I would like to request Callandor, the sword that cannot be touched, or the sword that is not a sword. Only this time I want it as an actual sword, instead of just an amplifier for power. Essentially it's a crystal sword, the hilt and all, generating it's own light from time to time, and refracting light that enters it. It is a bit like soul calibur, but the design is a bit more plain.(at least as plain as a crystal sword can get.) All I really want is a properly helpered mesh and a texture for it, I intend to make it into an object myself. It doesn't have to fufill the making it's own light and refracting incoming light thing, I can at least make it generate it's own light. So that's my request and I hope someone can fufill it. =D

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Callandor [message #60500 is a reply to message #60495] Sun, 28 November 2010 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
I love the Wheel of time series(even tho i just started it) and would love to help with this...i might even be able to work on the model...do you think you could come up with some sort of picture? I know the books are not illustrated but if you could come up with the basic shape then i could do that and hopefully some1 could touch it up and make it fableready for you...or if you could get the basic shape and more info i could do a better concept sketch and then some1 that is actually good at modeling might be able to make it based on concept...

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: Callandor [message #60501 is a reply to message #60500] Sun, 28 November 2010 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
These good enough?

Note: This obviously Isn't my work.

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2010 18:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Callandor [message #60504 is a reply to message #60501] Sun, 28 November 2010 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
the one of it lyin on the floor actually does help...i dont think i can make it but i can do a more easily visible sketch of the shape if anyone wants it as help in makin the sword

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: Callandor [message #60511 is a reply to message #60504] Mon, 29 November 2010 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm sorry the one lying on the floor isn't callandor... that thing isn't crystal. I can't draw for crap, so here's a better description. The blade needs to be double edged, very long, and slightly broad, but not so much that it looks suited for use as a two handed weapon. The hilt needs to be cylindrical(Yes I know I can't spell it), and the guard should be made up of two single tip crystals. The blade needs to be made of one large base cystal, with smaller ones over that, in random areas. And it all needs to be white crystal. Does that help? Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Callandor [message #60516 is a reply to message #60511] Mon, 29 November 2010 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
At a guess A short sword?

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Re: Callandor [message #60523 is a reply to message #60516] Tue, 30 November 2010 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nope. Longsword.

Re: Callandor [message #60527 is a reply to message #60523] Tue, 30 November 2010 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
Let me rephrasethat Confused a longsword with the look of a shortsword
so in effect a longsword with the width of a shortsword or something like that?

Re: Callandor [message #60529 is a reply to message #60527] Tue, 30 November 2010 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No. A longsword. I want a full on longsword.(Not to be confused with a greatsword.) If Callandor winds up as a shortsword I will do this while banging on the desk. Crying or Very Sad

Re: Callandor [message #60825 is a reply to message #60501] Mon, 20 December 2010 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mayki is currently offline  Mayki
ha, this is great, love the wheel of time Very Happy
so what about these:

as a base of course Smile
Re: Callandor [message #60826 is a reply to message #60825] Mon, 20 December 2010 12:54 Go to previous message

The one on the bottom with the inlaid gold would work as a base, only instead of decreasing in width as you go down the blade, keep it the same width and then make it immediately come to a triangle point.

Previous Topic: A simple request from an inexperienced moder
Next Topic: A texture for a model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:09:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01260 seconds