Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Help testing a mesh
Help testing a mesh [message #60509] Mon, 29 November 2010 04:57 Go to next message
Scythe of Blades is currently offline  Scythe of Blades
yes hello there, i have been trying to make new weapons the past couple days now, succeeding only once so far.... so after that i thought "hey if i just use the same process everytime i make a new weapon i should be fine" sounds logical enough right? well nothing is that simple im afraid, you see everytime i spawn an object with a diffrent mesh in a chest somewhere my game crashes as soon as i open the chest, and i cant for the life of me figure out what is wrong with it, so im asking if people with a little spare time will look at the mesh ive uploaded and see if anything is wrong with it, or if you really want to help me out, you could import the mesh into fable, spawn it in a chest and see if it crashes your game as well and why, ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

I envy because of the heart,
I glutton because of the heart,
I covet because of the heart,
I am prideful because of the heart,
I sloth because of the heart,
I rage because of the heart,
Because of the heart
I lust for everything about you

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2010 05:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help testing a mesh [message #60532 is a reply to message #60509] Tue, 30 November 2010 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
Its usually because the object is either invalid or non existent.

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: Help testing a mesh [message #60534 is a reply to message #60509] Tue, 30 November 2010 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Start by posting the DirectX, that will work better.
Re: Help testing a mesh [message #60535 is a reply to message #60534] Tue, 30 November 2010 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here it is, I know its a problem with the mesh from the process of elimination, so you shouldnt need textures but if for some reason you do, i have them as well just let me know.
  • Attachment: test.x
    (Size: 633.11KB, Downloaded 516 times)

Because of the heart
Re: Help testing a mesh [message #60536 is a reply to message #60535] Tue, 30 November 2010 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Your process of elimination must suck because there's nothing wrong with that mesh. What I can tell you that if it isn't the texture alpha bit, then it's the definitions.
Re: Help testing a mesh [message #60537 is a reply to message #60536] Wed, 01 December 2010 02:38 Go to previous message
apparently im just not very good with models, im not using an alpha texture, and i changed the alpha from 1 to 0 when i loaded the only texture i use for that sword and it cant be the definitions because i used the same definition and object entries with another mesh and it worked fine, how is my process of elimination now? better than my modeling skills at least

thank you for your time

Because of the heart
Previous Topic: Question involving textures
Next Topic: Effects Discussion
Goto Forum: