Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » A relativley quick favor
A relativley quick favor [message #60635] Thu, 09 December 2010 03:28 Go to next message
Scythe of Blades is currently offline  Scythe of Blades
Can someone skin weight this mask mesh for me , texture it and put it into an fmp? i have the hierarchy for the mesh set up, i already made the texture for it etc, i just cant skin weight very well, and whenever i try to i get something like this.index.php?t=getfile&id=9421&private=0

I envy because of the heart,
I glutton because of the heart,
I covet because of the heart,
I am prideful because of the heart,
I sloth because of the heart,
I rage because of the heart,
Because of the heart
I lust for everything about you
Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60636 is a reply to message #60635] Thu, 09 December 2010 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Masks and helmets are easy, they're weighted 100% to a single bone. But alright, I'll take a look at it later.
Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60637 is a reply to message #60636] Thu, 09 December 2010 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you I would appreciate it

Because of the heart
Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60643 is a reply to message #60637] Fri, 10 December 2010 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Just lettin' you know that your mesh is quite disagreeable. Tried fixing it in notepad, 'cause I'm hardcore like that. No luck. But I did find out a fast way for you to fix it.

The upload you have there came out of 3DS, so I'm hoping you still have the 3DS scene. If so, this will be easy as pie for you. First, delete the skin modifier on the mask. Then make sure the mask is at origin (0,0,0, I'm sure I told you about that before). Then add the skin modifier again, only this time you're going to weight it all to only one bone, Bip01-Head. Export again, add in FE again, problem should be gone.

Oh, one other thing, remember to use the actual Hero skeleton and not the skeleton of clothing or worse, NPCs. Import the MESH_HERO into 3DS, delete the mesh but keep the bones, that's what you'll use instead of the bones that came with your mesh. For the mask, you can get rid of the clavicle, upper arm, forearm, finger, hip, calf, and toe bones, and anything after Bip01-Head, like the chin and brows. This is a better practices thing, the results are better.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2010 18:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60645 is a reply to message #60643] Sat, 11 December 2010 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, ive seen some of your work before. You are indeed quite hardcore. Well anyway I,ll spare the details on how i did it as the way i accomplished this was totally backwards from the way it should have worked, but the mask sit perfectly on his face now, and that makes me ecstatic. But there is still a problem with the texture, i created a unwrap uvw modifier for the mesh, i made it a planar map so it lied flat and was easier to texture, i created the texture, applied it in 3ds max and it looked fine, but in game the texture is totally garbled, So I came to the conclusion that 3ds max does not export my uvw map points along with the mesh.. any way to fix this?index.php?t=getfile&id=9426&private=0

Because of the heart

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2010 05:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60650 is a reply to message #60645] Sat, 11 December 2010 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Scythe of Blades wrote on Sat, 11 December 2010 07:13

the mask sit perfectly on his face now, and that makes me ecstatic.
Doesn't it? Every time something actually works is definitely a moment to celebrate. No matter how you did it, good work. Wink

Scythe of Blades wrote on Sat, 11 December 2010 07:13

But there is still a problem with the texture, i created a unwrap uvw modifier for the mesh, i made it a planar map so it lied flat and was easier to texture, i created the texture, applied it in 3ds max and it looked fine, but in game the texture is totally garbled, So I came to the conclusion that 3ds max does not export my uvw map points along with the mesh.. any way to fix this?
That's interesting. 3DS exports texture coords just fine, and FE imports texture coords just fine.

If you don't mind, could you post an FMP containing the mesh and texture? If not that, then the 3DS scene (*.max), but only if you're using 3DS 8 or below, as I'm using 3DS 8 and can't open scenes made in later versions. I'll take another look at it if you want and see what's going on for you.
Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60653 is a reply to message #60650] Sat, 11 December 2010 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed it does, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without your help, a sincere thanks to you, JohnDoe. Here is an fmp containing just the mesh and texture as you requested. (as you can see my texturing skills leave something to be desired, but ill work on that next Smile )

Because of the heart
Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60654 is a reply to message #60653] Sat, 11 December 2010 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Alright, here you go. I redid the skinning, I can see why you had a problem, the mask's origin placed it near the Hero's crotch. Must have done some tomfoolery with the bones to get it on his face. And I redid the texture mapping. It looks like you had used some sort of automation to do it for you, sadly the texture coords don't just go where we want them to because we want them to. Takes a little work.

And, because I am awesome, I've provided a bunch of UVW templates that will help you in making an improved texture if you choose to do so. With a little know-how, those templates will do half the work for you and make the rest of the work easier.
Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60657 is a reply to message #60654] Sat, 11 December 2010 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thanks to you it looks perfect ingame, I cannot thank you enough for your help, now perhaps I will finally be avle to finish scythes outfit, if you ever need a favor within my capabilities, all you have to do is ask.

Because of the heart
Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60663 is a reply to message #60657] Sat, 11 December 2010 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I also have a texture for you. It's just a modified version of yours that needs a little retouching.
Here ya go. Just a stopgap until you have something better.
A good point of reference I found was this.
Re: A relativley quick favor [message #60665 is a reply to message #60663] Sat, 11 December 2010 19:15 Go to previous message
That was actually very useful, I touched up the texture a lil bit and used this as a reference http://media.photobucket.com/image/ichigo+hollow+mask+/itach i8694/Hollow_Ichigo_by_zikol.jpg and this is the final product for now,l I may do a little more touching up on the texture later but for now I am happy with it, thank you.index.php?t=getfile&id=9430&private=0

Because of the heart
Previous Topic: Two Things
Next Topic: Avenger Edit Request.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:08:49 PDT 2024