Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Problem with fe
Problem with fe [message #60671] Sun, 12 December 2010 06:11 Go to next message
Scythe of Blades is currently offline  Scythe of Blades
For some reason when i export a direct x mesh from fable explorer, it doesnt export the uv coordinates for the textures anymore, i load it into 3ds max click the materials tab and apply a texture and it shows up blank, ive tried getting a new FE but it didnt work, it used to work just fine too.

I envy because of the heart,
I glutton because of the heart,
I covet because of the heart,
I am prideful because of the heart,
I sloth because of the heart,
I rage because of the heart,
Because of the heart
I lust for everything about you
Re: Problem with fe [message #60673 is a reply to message #60671] Sun, 12 December 2010 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
FE Still works fine. It's not FE, it's the mesh.
Re: Problem with fe [message #60683 is a reply to message #60673] Sun, 12 December 2010 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps I phrased this wrong, it does his with stock meshes for the game as well, an example would be I go and export the mesh for RIVAL_HERO_SCYTHE, load it into 3ds max or blender (I tried that one as well) and whenever i try to apply a texture in either one the mesh doesnt accept it and stays completley white, now i used to be able to apply texture just fine exporting from Fable Explorer, And this suddenly stopped working, when i import the direct x mesh for scythe into 3ds max the Xporter import plugin doesnt give me the option of changing texture uv from false to true, and ive tried reinstalling 3ds max and getting the xporter import plugin fresh from the site and it still doesnt work.

Edit: never mind i exported the mesh with Cbox too and i still doesnt work, it has to be some sort of problem with my 3ds max somehow. anyway thanks for you time.

Because of the heart

[Updated on: Sun, 12 December 2010 16:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with fe [message #60684 is a reply to message #60683] Sun, 12 December 2010 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Might I suggest procedural user error? Mistakes happen, sometimes we forget to do things. Make sure you're enabling the texture to be shown in the viewport.

There's a blue and white checkered cube button under the view of the textures in the texture editor. It will be next to a button that says either standard or bitmap, depending on how you do it. If the button isn't highlighted yellow, the texture won't show.
Re: Problem with fe [message #60685 is a reply to message #60684] Sun, 12 December 2010 16:55 Go to previous message
Yes, I have tried that, as textures work just fine with any other file format other than .x, and i always make sure to highlight the cube, may just pick up 3ds max 8 instead as i cant find anything else about this error on the net... Sad

Because of the heart
Previous Topic: REQUEST! Tutorial on making textures that can be applied through Fable Explorer!
Next Topic: Creatures into clothing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 08:07:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01579 seconds