Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Enemies inside chests?
Enemies inside chests? [message #60827] Mon, 20 December 2010 13:45 Go to next message
Mayki is currently offline  Mayki
Hey there,
I was wondering if anyone had done anything like this yet?
I've been searching the forum for a while now but have only found ways to spawn items.
If anyone is bored and has nothing better to do,
I'd like to request some chests with enemies inside,
maybe make the chest disappear after?
or barrels might work...
I was thinking they should be Silver Chests,
so you can't open a high level monster chest until you've been playing for a while.
Re: Enemies inside chests? [message #60828 is a reply to message #60827] Mon, 20 December 2010 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I know in the child oakvale quest some of those warehouse barrels have beetles in them. You might try studying those and seeing where it leads.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Enemies inside chests? [message #60829 is a reply to message #60827] Mon, 20 December 2010 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah, completely forgot about those,
sweet, thanks for the tip Very Happy
Re: Enemies inside chests? [message #60831 is a reply to message #60827] Mon, 20 December 2010 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
No, the way that the chests work makes enemies inside of chests a nice but impossible idea. Barrels on the other hand at least have something to work with, though still it's not much as it only works with the executable. What you could try doing is making a barrel script with NOVI_Barrel for the ScriptName line. This is what tells Fable to put a beetle there when the barrel is destroyed. Silverback played around with the QNOVI for a long time and got some pretty cool results. The things to play with are what creature is in the barrel, how many of the creatures will be in the barrel and how long they go before dying automatically. But that's higher level hacking involving the executable.

If you want to make it such that people can't open up silver key chests and get powerful weapons early on in the game, that's a balance thing. Right now I'm working on changing a great deal of game mechanics and gameplay balance aspects. You can check out that discussion here.
Re: Enemies inside chests? [message #60873 is a reply to message #60827] Tue, 21 December 2010 07:24 Go to previous message
That sounds more difficult than I anticipated...
That screenshot is awesome though Very Happy
looks like a good prank Twisted Evil
I'll try messing around and see what happens Smile
Previous Topic: Curious Glitches... help?
Next Topic: Burn anything?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 23:11:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01679 seconds