Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Is this possible?
Is this possible? [message #60894] Wed, 22 December 2010 04:21 Go to next message
Scythe of Blades is currently offline  Scythe of Blades
Is it possible to create a whole new model for a character? I was wondering because I have some character models for another game I want to play as, an example would be say I had master chiefs model from halo 2 in a t-pose could i replace say mazes mesh with his?

I envy because of the heart,
I glutton because of the heart,
I covet because of the heart,
I am prideful because of the heart,
I sloth because of the heart,
I rage because of the heart,
Because of the heart
I lust for everything about you
Re: Is this possible? [message #60895 is a reply to message #60894] Wed, 22 December 2010 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arenar is currently offline  Arenar
I beleive it is possible, johndoe has a thread where he was going to make a female character. I believe it is called Hero female

That's ...... AWESOME!
Re: Is this possible? [message #60896 is a reply to message #60895] Wed, 22 December 2010 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, you are correct, but im pretty sure those were all meshes that were from the game originally, im talking about a mesh from a diffrent game, hopefully the same applies though.

Because of the heart
Re: Is this possible? [message #60903 is a reply to message #60894] Wed, 22 December 2010 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Yea it's possible, there are significant challenges in doing this though, just, you know, fair warning. You'll want to use Maze's mesh as a skeleton, delete his mesh pieces in 3DS, then get to work on skinweighting your Halo mesh. The one key problem you'll have is that it will use Maze's animations, which if you ask me would look absolutely ridiculous.
Re: Is this possible? [message #60907 is a reply to message #60903] Wed, 22 December 2010 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not actually using a halo mesh, that was jut an example lol, but is maze's skeleton the only one you can do that with? if i wanted to do it with the heros mesh could I do that?

Because of the heart
Re: Is this possible? [message #60908 is a reply to message #60907] Wed, 22 December 2010 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Scythe of Blades wrote on Wed, 22 December 2010 19:58

I'm not actually using a halo mesh, that was jut an example lol, but is maze's skeleton the only one you can do that with? if i wanted to do it with the heros mesh could I do that?
If you were replacing the Hero. The idea is to use what you're wanting to replace or copy as a base, a skeleton for whatever you're doing.
Re: Is this possible? [message #60909 is a reply to message #60908] Wed, 22 December 2010 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, does the fact my model is in a t-pose change anything?, and will I have to slice up my model so it has the same parts as the hero e.g. torso_arms, torso_back, eye_set, etc...?

Because of the heart
Re: Is this possible? [message #60910 is a reply to message #60909] Wed, 22 December 2010 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
The only thing about that is that you have to put the bones in a matching pose when you do the skinweights, or but the mesh to the pose of the bones. Other than that it's no problem.

Something to remember is that the bones in it will go to where ever the bones are supposed to be in the animations, so if you move the bones for the skinweighting, you can expect to get some undesired results. It would probably be best to move the mesh to the bones.
Re: Is this possible? [message #60911 is a reply to message #60910] Wed, 22 December 2010 18:30 Go to previous message
Alright, thanks for the info.

Edit: i have to reinstall my fable due to numerous bugs and glitches, so ill be out of modding for a few, im still gonna stick around here and work on stuff occasionally, but i wanna take some time off to actually play the game, and probably sharpen up my skills a bit.

Because of the heart

[Updated on: Wed, 22 December 2010 20:02]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Blender problems
Next Topic: Model editing