Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » NPC attributes/editing, spells?
NPC attributes/editing, spells? [message #60942] Fri, 24 December 2010 19:01 Go to next message
Bloody Nose is currently offline  Bloody Nose
What in a Creatures entry affects its attributes like strength, agility, and speed? No matter the level of the creature(twinblade, bandit_gunt1, bandit_grunt3, the hero. They all have attributes of .5 .5 and 1 in ccreaturedef. How are some bandits more muscuar or taller than others if their stats are the same.

Also how do you add spells to a creature, I don't think adding to magic inventory works as no other creatures have any value entered into it. I tried comparision between JoB, Maze, Guildmaster and others but I can't figure out how to add spells. I know about the CreatureWillPowerIndicator, but what affects the particular spells available?

grrr...I have to bring out the hex editor don't I? Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 24 December 2010 21:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NPC attributes/editing, spells? [message #60950 is a reply to message #60942] Sun, 26 December 2010 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Bloody Nose wrote on Fri, 24 December 2010 21:01

grrr...I have to bring out the hex editor don't I? Crying or Very Sad
That's a laugh. No, no hex editor for this.

NPC combat, spells and abilities are determined in several ways and in several places. BRAIN, CCombatAbility*Def, COMBAT_SEQUENCE, COMBAT_TYPE, ATTACK_PATTERN, even a few variables in CCreatureDef, CWeaponDef, CPerceivedThingDef can make a difference in combat, even if small. There are also probably a few things we don't know about that can affect combat. Not to mention the actual CREATURE entry, or CAppearanceDef (animation assignment). And some creatures, especially heroes, have unique CDefs specific to particular battles. So there are a lot of things involved, but at least you don't need a hex editor. Razz

Spells... see what you can find in BRAIN, COMBAT_SEQUENCE (will have a name that suggests COMBAT_STYLE) and COMBAT_TYPE, see if you can find anything. If they have special CDefs (that have the name of the creature in them) then that entails a whole new level of work as you may need to do some corresponding TNG work placing markers.
Re: NPC attributes/editing, spells? [message #60957 is a reply to message #60950] Sun, 26 December 2010 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In CMazeBattleDef is the unknown-3E583A29 related to Lightning Duration-F2B14F37 under it? or enflame or heal? I noticed there is an "unknown" above each spell entry(lightning is 10, enflame 12, heal 5) and a few other unknowns.

Does the hero have spell entries for all spells that he can potentially learn(probably set to 0, except for lightning), because I've been having trouble with this. I couldn't find any references to the drain life effect in the screamer entry. Sad
Re: NPC attributes/editing, spells? [message #60958 is a reply to message #60957] Mon, 27 December 2010 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Bloody Nose wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 00:09

In CMazeBattleDef is the unknown-3E583A29 related to Lightning Duration-F2B14F37 under it? or enflame or heal? I noticed there is an "unknown" above each spell entry(lightning is 10, enflame 12, heal 5) and a few other unknowns.
Well let's take a quick look here. Hmm, all these values are related to something specific to one of Maze's attacks, so I doubt that one would be related to any of the others.
Bloody Nose wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 00:09

Does the hero have spell entries for all spells that he can potentially learn(probably set to 0, except for lightning), because I've been having trouble with this. I couldn't find any references to the drain life effect in the screamer entry. Sad
What? Could you rephrase that? What are you trying to do, edit the Hero or an NPC? The Hero has special entries for all spells.
Re: NPC attributes/editing, spells? [message #60961 is a reply to message #60958] Mon, 27 December 2010 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

So if that's the case would it be possible to replace the hero's force push with maze's flaming version of it?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: NPC attributes/editing, spells? [message #60962 is a reply to message #60958] Mon, 27 December 2010 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to find a creature I could contrast to another non-spellcasting npc, and tryto figure out which spells correspond to what entries. I'd like to see an entry for each spell so I could find out what the entry would be like for certain spells and maybe even catch on to Lionhead's entry system for them, if I'm lucky.
I'll then try to add the entries to an npc. Smile

asmcnt-I think you might be able to do that by switching the effect entries for force push with Maze's version of it(they will be in effects.big and you will need to save the actual effect files, though not the definition or subentry, to use his effects). You may also want to wait for JohnDoe because he knows alot more about this stuff then I do. Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 27 December 2010 10:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NPC attributes/editing, spells? [message #60964 is a reply to message #60962] Mon, 27 December 2010 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

So I have to replace the effect files themselves instead of using definitions linking the spell to the effect? Because I don't believe there's an export function for the effect as a whole, just for the entry data and sub header.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: NPC attributes/editing, spells? [message #60967 is a reply to message #60964] Mon, 27 December 2010 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 11:48

So I have to replace the effect files themselves instead of using definitions linking the spell to the effect? Because I don't believe there's an export function for the effect as a whole, just for the entry data and sub header.

Actually, I guess it is the subheader and entry you export. I assumed effects hada file associated with them. I'd back it up before trying it though.
Re: NPC attributes/editing, spells? [message #60968 is a reply to message #60967] Mon, 27 December 2010 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
asmcint wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 11:35

So if that's the case would it be possible to replace the hero's force push with maze's flaming version of it?

No, use enflame. I don't think Maze's force push has flames, considering he uses the same force push as the Hero.

Bloody Nose wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 12:35

I'm trying to find a creature I could contrast to another non-spellcasting npc, and tryto figure out which spells correspond to what entries. I'd like to see an entry for each spell so I could find out what the entry would be like for certain spells and maybe even catch on to Lionhead's entry system for them, if I'm lucky.
I'll then try to add the entries to an npc. Smile

Well I'll save you some time. The entry system for the spells is that the Hero and a few NPCs use those SPECIAL_ABILITY_* entries. That's it. If you can find any reference connecting the Hero to those entries, then you'll have humbled me quite soundly. But I've checked and there isn't a single one, which tells me that it's something out of our reach.

For NPCs, you want to study and edit the things I told you to. That's where you'll find your answer.

asmcint wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 11:35

asmcnt-I think you might be able to do that by switching the effect entries for force push with Maze's version of it(they will be in effects.big and you will need to save the actual effect files, though not the definition or subentry, to use his effects). You may also want to wait for JohnDoe because he knows alot more about this stuff then I do. Very Happy

Just the entry data, effects have no subheader. Also, that will only work if the effects are compatible. I wouldn't recommend it. And again, there's only one force push entry and it's shared between Maze and the Hero, so the effects will be the same for both.

asmcint wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 13:48

Bloody Nose wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 23:49

Actually, I guess it is the subheader and entry you export. I assumed effects hada file associated with them. I'd back it up before trying it though.

Now you're both doing it, it's hard to understand what either of you are saying.
Re: NPC attributes/editing, spells? [message #60974 is a reply to message #60968] Tue, 28 December 2010 10:17 Go to previous message
combat_sequence_screamer_drain seems to reference the use of the drain ability, the combat_sequence array list refers it to 36 which I'm guessing tells the screamer to advance? I still can't seem to find an actual link to a special_ability_*. I'll check if putting the ability in combat_sequence allows the creature to use it. The screamer brain is full of unknowns, I thought that the D3875920 entry held parameters for the spell(each entry held 3 ints and drain life takes 3), but it has 5 entries and drain life has 4 ranks. I'll look around some more. Very Happy
Previous Topic: Fable Explorer, Dealing with the creatures category.
Next Topic: how do i edit hero stats
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:10:40 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01671 seconds