Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Guards to summoners? etc
Guards to summoners? etc [message #60975] Tue, 28 December 2010 12:40 Go to next message
jplusl is currently offline  jplusl
Anyone here know how to change the guard's skins? I am turning Albion into an evil place. I already made the skies red. Now i am trying to make the guards into summoners. i tried exporting and importing guards into summoners but it didn't work. It only crashes my game. Thanks!
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #60976 is a reply to message #60975] Tue, 28 December 2010 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scythe of Blades is currently offline  Scythe of Blades
Did you try going to the creature entry for guard, double clicking it and scrolling down to graphics, click that and replace the number there for the summoners?

I envy because of the heart,
I glutton because of the heart,
I covet because of the heart,
I am prideful because of the heart,
I sloth because of the heart,
I rage because of the heart,
Because of the heart
I lust for everything about you
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #60978 is a reply to message #60976] Tue, 28 December 2010 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i just did. didn't do anything. the guards do move around like summoners and that's all :T
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #60979 is a reply to message #60975] Wed, 29 December 2010 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The proper way to go about this is to create a new creature entry based off of the summoner or whatever it is you want. Give it a CGuardDef and a CTCGuard (use ChocolateBox to sort the CTCs afterward, or do it manually). Then change the guard lineup at the bottom of the CVillagePeopleDefs in the VILLAGE entries. You may want to tweak the brain, faction (CEnemyDef), CCreatureDef, you know, all that other stuff to get the creature acting just right.
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #60981 is a reply to message #60979] Wed, 29 December 2010 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
Just a quick thought, Wouldn't it be easier just to replace the guards mesh with the summoners?

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #60982 is a reply to message #60981] Wed, 29 December 2010 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
IDontKnow wrote on Wed, 29 December 2010 04:50

Just a quick thought, Wouldn't it be easier just to replace the guards mesh with the summoners?
No. That's already been suggested, already been tried, and it isn't what he's trying to do. He wants to do more than that.
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #60986 is a reply to message #60979] Wed, 29 December 2010 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I've never done any of that before. Would you mind explaining? Razz
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #60995 is a reply to message #60986] Thu, 30 December 2010 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
jplusl wrote on Wed, 29 December 2010 13:32

Sorry I've never done any of that before. Would you mind explaining? Razz
I did explain. Neutral
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #61014 is a reply to message #60986] Sun, 02 January 2011 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arenar is currently offline  Arenar
Maybe look at the tutorials section? Confused

That's ...... AWESOME!
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #61015 is a reply to message #61014] Sun, 02 January 2011 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Arenar wrote on Sun, 02 January 2011 04:00

Maybe look at the tutorials section? Confused
Or maybe read my post. Neutral
JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 29 December 2010 04:39

The proper way to go about this is to create a new creature entry based off of the summoner or whatever it is you want. Give it a CGuardDef and a CTCGuard (use ChocolateBox to sort the CTCs afterward, or do it manually). Then change the guard lineup at the bottom of the CVillagePeopleDefs in the VILLAGE entries. You may want to tweak the brain, faction (CEnemyDef), CCreatureDef, you know, all that other stuff to get the creature acting just right.
So, you create a duplicate set of entries for the summoner or whatever creature you want as a guard. Take any entry specific to the creature (from the CREATURE entry), rename it, throw it all in an FMP, close FE, open FE again, load the FMP.

Then, add a CGuardDef to the CDefs, as well as a CTCGuard to the CTCs. Sort the CTCs by CRC, which can be done in CBox or by hand (just use CBox).

Open up the VILLAGE entries, open their CVillagePeopleDef entries, scroll to the bottom and you'll see the guard lineup. This is what determines which guards (CREATURE entries) show up based on how many guards have been killed. So clear the array except for the last one, and change the CREATURE entry to that of your duplicated summoner.

Then tweak all the entries as needed until it comes out exactly right. It might be time-consuming, but it's the proper and most effective way to work the definitions without screwing up the rest of your game.

Now if you need advice on how to do something in this, then you can ask specifically what you need help with. To just say that you need someone to explain it is going to get you shrugged off and pushed to the back of people's minds, because they have better things to do.
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #61035 is a reply to message #61015] Mon, 03 January 2011 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDontKnow
I think Arenar means How do you do it?

27/4/11 23:XX (11:XX Pm) She went to a better place. 28/4/11 10:XX She was burried; RIP

Leren van de taal van Nederland is leuk.
Ik heb nog veel te leren, hoewel.

Tengo la ambición de aprender a español.
Yet I have no idea how to start.
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #61038 is a reply to message #61035] Mon, 03 January 2011 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
IDontKnow wrote on Mon, 03 January 2011 07:46

I think Arenar means How do you do it?
Even if he were to have asked exactly that, he'd have to define "it". I'll help him, but I won't write up a step-for-step on using FableExplorer to do exactly what I told him to do.
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #61039 is a reply to message #60975] Mon, 03 January 2011 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I think it'd be neater to use the regular guard creatures but give them the defs needed to summon other stuff. Like hobbes.

Like the nymphs and summoners use. Might need to change the brain to take advantage of it though I think.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Guards to summoners? etc [message #61040 is a reply to message #61039] Mon, 03 January 2011 09:37 Go to previous message

Retired
Keshire wrote on Mon, 03 January 2011 10:32

I think it'd be neater to use the regular guard creatures but give them the defs needed to summon other stuff. Like hobbes.

Like the nymphs and summoners use. Might need to change the brain to take advantage of it though I think.
Nymphs I think would be possible, I was looking into the nymphs some time last week. The summoners ironically don't do any summoning from what I can see, they just happen to be around whenever an endless hoard of minions spawns.
Previous Topic: how do i edit hero stats
Next Topic: Ok, new summoning problem -_-
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:06:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01592 seconds