Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » a simple request for the explorers
a simple request for the explorers [message #60998] Thu, 30 December 2010 12:39 Go to next message
MastaK is currently offline  MastaK
I was thinking that the explorers like fable explorers and the others would have like a checklist so like you would know which mods are on or off you know what I mean like ill give you an example you know when you enter the explorer and then i think it is then file-> load fable mod package but when you open the load mod package there is a checkbox between each mod. It would be alot better then for me trying just to figure out which mods are on or off you know what I mean.
Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #60999 is a reply to message #60998] Thu, 30 December 2010 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
No. Welcome to the site.
Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61001 is a reply to message #60998] Thu, 30 December 2010 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I don't imagine I'll be able to get away from this as I had hoped.
MastaK wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 17:22

what do you mean no / does it mean u don't understand or no it can't be done what i am saying is in the file then load fable mod package there would be a checkbox beside the mod I meant
I mean no. All an explanation is going to do is waste my time, it's not going to change the answer. But you'll just send me another PM and because I hate PMs with stupid questions, I may as well just waste my time now instead of later.

The developers that worked on FableExplorer (Hunter/TodX) and AlbionExplorer (Baystone) are both inactive and retired from working with Fable: TLC. They're not going to do anything with those tools anymore. A more likely scenario is that Baystone updates ChocolateBox or releases the source to someone who will, or Silverback or someone else takes the FableExplorer source and updates that tool. And even though that would be more likely, it's still incredibly unlikely. You'll sooner see a solar eclipse two days in a row.

Even if it were not so, what you're talking about isn't reasonably feasible or even realistically possible. What you're talking about would require a system that would allow us to place something like our FMPs into an override folder or something and Fable would read it and instead of reading the original entries, it would read the edited ones instead, and a frontend like what you're talking about could enable/disable which FMPs are loaded. It would require a proper override system and Fable doesn't have that. Our tools directly edit the game archives. Fable isn't Oblivion.

So again, no.
Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61007 is a reply to message #60998] Fri, 31 December 2010 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

MastaK wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 14:39

It would be alot better then for me trying just to figure out which mods are on or off you know what I mean.

You can just use pen and paper and write down the mods you have applied, or Wordpad if you don't like pens. Is this Kris btw? Did you play War of Titans last year?

Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61008 is a reply to message #61007] Fri, 31 December 2010 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
It's someone out of eastern Canada. Profile says his name is Brandon.

I really hate this sort of thing, because after a lengthy explanation the only possible reply to it is going to be "oh, well okay then" or another question along the same lines that can be answered the exact same way. So if my earlier post comes off as bitter, it is, and that's why.

[Updated on: Fri, 31 December 2010 01:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61064 is a reply to message #61001] Wed, 05 January 2011 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 21:49

Our tools directly edit the game archives. Fable isn't Oblivion.

That's the explanation boiled down into one sentence.

BUT...

I don't think any experiments were ever done adding new banks or bigs to the ini's sitting in the root folder. It would certainly be a kick in the nuts if you could and we never realized it.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61066 is a reply to message #61064] Wed, 05 January 2011 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Keshire wrote on Wed, 05 January 2011 09:52

I don't think any experiments were ever done adding new banks or bigs to the ini's sitting in the root folder. It would certainly be a kick in the nuts if you could and we never realized it.
I'm pretty sure that if we discovered this at any point everyone who understands the significance of it will mass suicide.
Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61067 is a reply to message #61066] Wed, 05 January 2011 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I will attend your funerals in ignorant bliss.

Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61068 is a reply to message #61067] Wed, 05 January 2011 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
I wouldn't commit suicide, but would still die from fatigue of endlessly working on awesomeness.

I'm actually quite surprised no one thought of that.

EDIT: If it turns out to be possible, there is a high chance of LionHead knowing, meaning they could be secretly laughing at us for not having realized it yet...

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2011 17:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61079 is a reply to message #60998] Sat, 08 January 2011 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get it already guys geez anyways can you somehow get the longswords to be a little bit longer because it really pisses me off to get at least like max guile and by the time i hit like 2-3speed and accuracy it just doesn't seem that long like its okay when you start off but really it just looks like a shortsword
Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61080 is a reply to message #61079] Sat, 08 January 2011 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and can u guys make an outfit like the image im posting into a fmp oh and can u put it into a chest or shopkeeper cause if i try it somehow closes the game and then i would have to reset the whole thing and the numbers it would be crazy just for 1 thing just to make it work
thx and i am in Canada thank you very much i live in Timmins ,On which is bigger than Toronto and not in population but in freaking land man ha we could put like more than like 4-5 canada's wonderlands that is if we destroy every house and make like some more in a spot that is big enough
Re: a simple request for the explorers [message #61082 is a reply to message #61080] Sat, 08 January 2011 17:44 Go to previous message

Retired
MastaK wrote on Sat, 08 January 2011 18:43

i get it already guys geez anyways can you somehow get the longswords to be a little bit longer because it really pisses me off to get at least like max guile and by the time i hit like 2-3speed and accuracy it just doesn't seem that long like its okay when you start off but really it just looks like a shortsword
Well that sounds like a request. We have a requests forum for requests.
MastaK wrote on Sat, 08 January 2011 19:02

oh and can u guys make an outfit like the image im posting into a fmp oh and can u put it into a chest or shopkeeper cause if i try it somehow closes the game and then i would have to reset the whole thing and the numbers it would be crazy just for 1 thing just to make it work
thx and i am in Canada thank you very much i live in Timmins ,On which is bigger than Toronto and not in population but in freaking land man ha we could put like more than like 4-5 canada's wonderlands that is if we destroy every house and make like some more in a spot that is big enough
Don't double post. Your posts have an edit button, use that to make changes to your posts. Around here you'll only get from others as much as you put in. You basically want someone to do everything for you, and I can tell you right now, that's not going to happen.
Previous Topic: Need help,
Next Topic: Files missing on server??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:06:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01222 seconds