Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Lotus Staff
Lotus Staff [message #61002] Thu, 30 December 2010 21:43 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
http://i.imgur.com/1CEiV.jpg

Based off of the hobbe spellcaster staff with a lot of tweaks. Mutilated the septimal key mesh into something remotely resembling a flower of twisted sorts and replaced the green gem with a red one. Five custom effects have been done, I plan on adding a few more for augments. It gives will experience on hits.

The angle of how the staff is held cannot be corrected without screwing up the helpers and effect placement. I'd probably have to make it a pump action crossbow and as you can see, it's a staff, so that won't be happening.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 December 2010 21:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Lotus Staff [message #61003 is a reply to message #61002] Thu, 30 December 2010 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
Are you using the helpers from the hobbe staff, or custom ones? If you're using custom helpers, maybe the helpers from the hobbe staff could help everything get lined up for proper holding.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Lotus Staff [message #61004 is a reply to message #61003] Thu, 30 December 2010 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
nicomon wrote on Fri, 31 December 2010 00:57

Are you using the helpers from the hobbe staff, or custom ones? If you're using custom helpers, maybe the helpers from the hobbe staff could help everything get lined up for proper holding.
Wouldn't matter either way. The only helper specific to the hobbe staff is unused in the definitions and in the effect placement. In fact, I'm not sure any of the helpers are used in effect placement, as I moved around the helpers every which way and got no change of any kind.

I initially rotated the mesh around so that it could look to be held properly, moved the helpers too, mesh was held correctly but the shot still fired from the same place and the effect still appeared in the same place, so while the staff appeared correctly, nothing else did.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 December 2010 23:23]

Re: Lotus Staff [message #61005 is a reply to message #61004] Thu, 30 December 2010 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wait, then what is the effect attaching to???

Re: Lotus Staff [message #61006 is a reply to message #61005] Fri, 31 December 2010 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
That's what I've been trying to figure out. It's an effect type that I haven't figured out yet, but I know that it's putting one of those effect-specific meshes in place, I think it's just sort of hovering above origin, not necessarily attached to anything, because it doesn't move or rotate or anything else.

But technically, the effect is attached to the same helper that the shot spawns from when being fired. Changing which helper it's attached to (or even one that isn't on the mesh) does nothing, and various other things I did only crashed Fable.
Re: Lotus Staff [message #61010 is a reply to message #61006] Fri, 31 December 2010 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How are you attaching the effect to the mesh? The default hobbe staff uses "CParticleAttacherDef" for that specific effect(note: It uses the normal "CSpecialEffectDef" or any other effects.). Might worth taking a look at, because there is also something directing something else to "SHOT_CREATION_DUMMY" in that CDef as well.

[Updated on: Fri, 31 December 2010 15:34]

Re: Lotus Staff [message #61011 is a reply to message #61010] Fri, 31 December 2010 16:07 Go to previous message

Retired
nicomon wrote on Fri, 31 December 2010 17:33

Might worth taking a look at, because there is also something directing something else to "SHOT_CREATION_DUMMY" in that CDef as well.
Yea, I know.
JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 31 December 2010 02:22

the effect is attached to the same helper that the shot spawns from when being fired.
The effect is attached through that CDef. That's the one I'm talking about. There is a boolean in the CDef that I might fool around with later, but that's not a primary concern for me, the angle of how it's held doesn't matter to me.

I just want it to function, and it does. Once I finish the custom effects I'm done.
Previous Topic: Bandit in the Hobbe Cave is now sycthe!
Next Topic: Ulquiorra helm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:14:12 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01101 seconds