Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » FE game.bin problems
FE game.bin problems [message #61092] Sun, 09 January 2011 19:01 Go to next message
tehsuperchicken is currently offline  tehsuperchicken
well i'm probably going to be flamed for this or banned or whatever

so every time i mod something in the game.bin in FE it works fine but the environments in the map all become the same. witchwood becomes sunny during the day, darkwood actually has blue skies, etc.

i also tried loading the Bowerstone South Pole mod hoping it would actually change the map.
sadly it still looks all sunny

help please?

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7356& ;start=0& <--- Bowerstone South Pole mod
Re: FE game.bin problems [message #61093 is a reply to message #61092] Sun, 09 January 2011 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scythe of Blades is currently offline  Scythe of Blades
one word, backups. replace all of the major ones, graphics. big, textures.big, and game.bin again and just about everything else on fe's list, if youre using vista it may be another problem altogether.

I envy because of the heart,
I glutton because of the heart,
I covet because of the heart,
I am prideful because of the heart,
I sloth because of the heart,
I rage because of the heart,
Because of the heart
I lust for everything about you
Re: FE game.bin problems [message #61094 is a reply to message #61093] Mon, 10 January 2011 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Scythe of Blades wrote on Sun, 09 January 2011 23:16

one word, backups.
One word, wrong. It's okay, you've not been here long enough to know about this one.

tehsuperchicken, you're using an old version of FableExplorer, likely from Satan's installer, yes? Use a later version, here, here or here. You don't have to use backups, all you have to do is recompile the game.bin with a later version of FE. Open any random entry, click Apply Changes (even if you didn't edit it), then click Actions|Save Mods and Run Fable. The environments will fix themselves at that point.
Re: FE game.bin problems [message #61097 is a reply to message #61092] Mon, 10 January 2011 12:46 Go to previous message
tehsuperchicken is currently offline  tehsuperchicken
oh gotcha
thanks. im much obliged
Previous Topic: run faster
Next Topic: Gameplay balance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 19:58:09 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02155 seconds