Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » What about those demon doors...?
What about those demon doors...? [message #61106] Tue, 11 January 2011 23:35 Go to next message
IonXi is currently offline  IonXi
Hey, didn't know where to post this, so I decided to start something in the general board.

After some lurking on the site, and some hours modding Fable (more like weeks...), I started becoming more ambitious with my mods. So far, I've successfuly retextured and added several new items, including weapons and Gold Keys (right down to the writing on top Very Happy ) with corrisponding gold key chests.

However, this proved to be insufficient.

I decided there weren't enough Demon Doors. Now, I'd first like to state that I understand the difficulty in adding new areas to the game. But I thought that perhaps I could just add new region entrance/exits in the already existing Demon Door locations, and seperate those locations into two via various objects. And then just sit demon doors on top of them. But, even with all of my tng editing and def examining, I just can't seem to get the Demon Doors to work. Any time I enter an area in which I've designated a new demon door, my game crashes.

***TLDR, SKIP TO HERE***

So I suppose the short of it is, is it possible to add new Demon Doors, or am I chasing an impossible dream?

I wish I had an airship...
Re: What about those demon doors...? [message #61108 is a reply to message #61106] Wed, 12 January 2011 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I guess it is possible, except for two things. Cutscene triggers, and a requirement for entering, which would probably require some wierd, over-complicated script. and once this requirement is filled, you'd need another type of cutscene trigger to recognize it. Keep in mind we couldn't give it sound, as that would involve cracking the dialog files. But if you can get past the cutscene triggers and the proper scripts, it would be possible. Just using text without sound for his dialog. =/

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2011 14:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What about those demon doors...? [message #61112 is a reply to message #61108] Wed, 12 January 2011 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
asmcint wrote on Wed, 12 January 2011 16:02

I guess it is possible, except for two things. Cutscene triggers, and a requirement for entering, which would probably require some wierd, over-complicated script. and once this requirement is filled, you'd need another type of cutscene trigger to recognize it. Keep in mind we couldn't give it sound, as that would involve cracking the dialog files. But if you can get past the cutscene triggers and the proper scripts, it would be possible. Just using text without sound for his dialog. =/
wut

Copy/paste a set of existing demon door scripts. These will be a door, a face, and a wall. Don't do this in ChocolateBox or AlbionExplorer. Of important note is the ScriptName lines for the door and face. They'll be different, but they correspond with each other. All the coordinates for all three scripts can be the same, you get a better fit that way, make sure to adjust the initial position lines at the bottom of the face script (X and Y will be TNG coordinates plus coordinates of the map given in FinalAlbion.wld, Z will be the same).

The only thing I could see being a problem would be certain types of doors, like the one that requires you to slay a bunch of hobbes. That one might require placement of markers, you may want to look into that. But other ones like the light or arrow hit doors shouldn't be a problem at all.

Another thing that could possibly be an issue is having more than one of the same type of door in the same region. For example, if you have two doors in one region and they have the same requirements, the theory is that opening one will open the other.

But this is just for the door. You still have to put a region exit point on the other side of the door that teleports you to another region. Still, this can be copy/pasted from existing setups.

And always change UIDs. They need to be unique.
Re: What about those demon doors...? [message #61118 is a reply to message #61106] Thu, 13 January 2011 00:10 Go to previous message
IonXi is currently offline  IonXi
Thanks, JohnDoe, for the clear response. I'll keep trying and post again if/when I've made any progress, or if I run into another bump. If it does end up working properly, I'll also look into that marker thing for the Hobbe spawners. Should be interesting.

I wish I had an airship...
Previous Topic: I'm about to rip my damn hair out.
Next Topic: Confused and a little frustrated about the aging mods?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 00:02:28 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00937 seconds