Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Lightning Spell causing crash?
Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61162] Mon, 17 January 2011 17:33 Go to next message
Jlozano124 is currently offline  Jlozano124
Hello to all. I've read the rules and am following guildlines before I post my troubles SO...

short story: I'm playing Fable TLC and when I use the lightning spell about 10 times, fable will freeze, or just close. any reasons for it? anyone else have the problem? any help is appreciated.

Long Story: I'm playing Fable TLC, on Vista (omg! not Vista!) and it used to run from start to finish just fine. I reinstalled it after a few years, installation went fine, I used to do mods for Fable but now I actually want to just run the game a bit tweaked. I added an initial mana augmentation to the Obsidian (Ebony) Battleaxe and changed some health and mana regeneration stats to more interesting (yet reasonable) amounts. needless to say, even without mods/changes, Fable still freezes when i use the lightning spell every so often. So i thought maybe running the effects and graphics on default would fix it, but sadly no luck. My computer specs are fine, and if you require more info on my specs I'd happily copy paste them here. Also, I have only a HP printer application stored on my "virtual store" so I STRONGLY assume that wouldn't be the case. any reasons for it? anyone else have the problem? any help is appreciated.

Again, thank you all for your time Smile
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61163 is a reply to message #61162] Tue, 18 January 2011 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oO0Nick0Oo is currently offline  oO0Nick0Oo

have you mesheed up a bit the lighing skill??? because you can change how many lighings you will have in one if you get too many your screen freezes and the game will crash

By Nick the Dreamer. Comment :D :) :P (_( ({}) (_(
][_, {[]} ][_,
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61164 is a reply to message #61163] Tue, 18 January 2011 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oO0Nick0Oo wrote on Tue, 18 January 2011 03:57

have you mesheed up a bit the lighing skill??? because you can change how many lighings you will have in one if you get too many your screen freezes and the game will crash

Good question, but I have not I'm afraid. any and all tweaking involved was only with the mana aug and obsidian battle axe... but maybe if I DID tweak the lightning spell, i could get it NOT to freeze maybe?
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61166 is a reply to message #61164] Tue, 18 January 2011 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oO0Nick0Oo is currently offline  oO0Nick0Oo

... Did you tried to uninstall and reinstall fable??? or maybe at the mana aug did you raised the exp given??? because if you raise it and get it too high it will crash too...

By Nick the Dreamer. Comment :D :) :P (_( ({}) (_(
][_, {[]} ][_,

[Updated on: Tue, 18 January 2011 11:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61186 is a reply to message #61166] Thu, 20 January 2011 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did uninstall and reinstall fable. but no,i didn't alter the exp stats. thanks for helping me though, I appreciate this.
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61191 is a reply to message #61162] Fri, 21 January 2011 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MastaK is currently offline  MastaK
I used to have this problem and i just used IObit Uninstaller and thing is make sure u remove your cd be4 u uninstall because i forgot once for my aion cd 1 and now i can't use it so ya oh after that do the scan for other files for it i know it sucks but there is something else to if you didn't use the main folder for installation and the virtual folder has only like you said your printer check all files in your documents and computer for the fable files there will be something there if not if you still have a problem then delete you folder for it delete all your fable stuff and back-up the folder you will install in and i had to do this and i used to back-up is the desktop then i created a Games folder then created a folder in there called Fable backup and as soon as u install do not run it backup all of the files in there asap then if you want to store your mods i used desktop created a folder called Fable stuff put them in there and oh yes u will have to delete the files for the fable explorer and the things you used for modding before then download a new copy of your explorer/explorers in there and run it as administrator and then you will solve your problem if you have done it properly I know it is alot to do but do you really want to mess up your game and for barely anything to work if not try this out

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2011 09:44]

Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61192 is a reply to message #61191] Sat, 22 January 2011 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

MastaK; use punctuation when you post a message on our forums.
If you don't, I will be removing your posts.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61193 is a reply to message #61192] Sat, 22 January 2011 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks MastaK, I'll give it a try in the morning. Very Happy

OldBoy wrote on Sat, 22 January 2011 03:47

MastaK; use punctuation when you post a message on our forums.
If you don't, I will be removing your posts.

A bit harsh there, no advice OldBoy?

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2011 22:06]

Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61229 is a reply to message #61193] Fri, 28 January 2011 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Jlozano124 wrote on Sun, 23 January 2011 07:03

I don't have to explain myself here, but I will since you think I am harsh.
There's not a single period, comma or section break in that post, which renders it nearly unreadable.
With a little bit more afford this would not be the case.
Besides this I believe MastaK is probably capable enough to do a bit better.

Of course I could be gentle in pointing this out, but past experience have taught me that the gentle approach doesn't really stick around here.
Hence I am being straight-forward in the way I express myself.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61230 is a reply to message #61229] Fri, 28 January 2011 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
OldBoy wrote on Fri, 28 January 2011 11:41

Jlozano124 wrote on Sun, 23 January 2011 07:03

I don't have to explain myself here, but I will since you think I am harsh.
There's not a single period, comma or section break in that post, which renders it nearly unreadable.
With a little bit more afford this would not be the case.
Besides this I believe MastaK is probably capable enough to do a bit better.

Of course I could be gentle in pointing this out, but past experience have taught me that the gentle approach doesn't really stick around here.
Hence I am being straight-forward in the way I express myself.

tldr XD

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61257 is a reply to message #61193] Mon, 31 January 2011 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Jlozano124 wrote on Sun, 23 January 2011 00:03

Harsh? Noob. You should have been here in the grand old days, back when Satan, Ailia and Marcopolo were the moderators. They would drop pwnage on members like MastaK regularly.

Oldboy was nice enough not to simply delete the post with no notice at all, like I would have done. He was even nicer to reply with instructions on how to write posts, which I assume he did so that I wouldn't impulsively ban MastaK to satisfy my daily quota. And still nicer, he explained himself, which is something I don't think anyone else here could be bothered to do.

TL;DR - Here's some advice: bite me.
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61263 is a reply to message #61257] Mon, 31 January 2011 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

JohnDoe Harsh? Noob. You should have been here in the grand old days, back when Satan, Ailia and Marcopolo were the moderators. They would drop pwnage on members like MastaK regularly.

If you actually read my first post I stated that
"I USED to do mods for Fable but now I actually want to just run the game a bit tweaked." it was ban happy moderators that sickened my stomach to actually leave modding Fable and the forum altogether. however that is a personal issue on my part and felt that the issue did not need to be brought up. They do what they do for a reason and if you dont like it, leave, which is what I did.

Irrelevant to this ENTIRE thread, Oldboy actually was nice enough to explain himself which I will admit, he definitely did NOT have to do. It just goes to show that not all people are the same.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime"
Banning someone may help silence the problem for now, but (and as annoying as it may be) pointing out the problem may fix the problem sooner. even if you ban him (unless his IP address were to be banned)he could still make a new account and cause even more problems later on. But what I don't understand is why you would be happy to reach a "daily quota" of bans? its a shame, it looks bad, and it causes modders to just flat out leave. Heck, I know I did.

Quote:

And still nicer, he explained himself, which is something I don't think anyone else here could be bothered to do.

And that's EXACTLY my point! I KNOW most moderators AND admin would NEVER waste their time explaining themselves. Thank goodness OldBoy did, and I thanked him greatly for that, because no other mod I've known ever has. But I say why not? why not act human for once and realize that you are talking to another person on the end of this message? no matter how smart, and no matter how stupid, if someone was able to join this site and make an account, then its possible that they may be interested in a hobby with modding (although I'll be honest sometimes it's just downloaders looking for outfits..)

TLDR: Was modder, left forum, irrelevant to thread, ban happy mods, nice to see a good one, and stating (not pushing) my opinions about it.

PS: If anyone has anymore comments, plz pm the other about it.
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61287 is a reply to message #61263] Tue, 01 February 2011 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Jlozano124 wrote on Mon, 31 January 2011 08:06

ban happy mods, nice to see a good one, and stating (not pushing) my opinions about it.
First you'll want to get your facts straight. Only admins are capable of banning, and in the grand old days only Keshire and Pe_Ell were admins. If you did something to get them to ban you, you definitely deserved it.
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61298 is a reply to message #61257] Wed, 02 February 2011 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Harsh? Noob. You should have been here in the grand old days, back when Satan, Ailia and Marcopolo were the moderators. They would drop pwnage on members like MastaK regularly.

Quote:

First you'll want to get your facts straight. Only admins are capable of banning, and in the grand old days only Keshire and Pe_Ell were admins. If you did something to get them to ban you, you definitely deserved it.

Hmm good point and my mistake, I'll admit that I mistook mod and admin, sorry for that. Its a bit odd however because If Satan, Ailia and Marco were only moderators, how would they "drop pwnage" on members? (I'm assuming by "pwnage" you mean a ban of sorts, and hopefully not just rude, unnecessary words)

And I remember (and really do miss...) the "Grand Old Days" of this forum, and before anyone points fingers or looks to blame anyone, do take into consideration of Fable II and III. And seriously think: why do you think those "Grand Old Days" do not exist anymore? I want anyone who's reading this to try to think about that.

Anyways, the problem has been solved. I've let this darn thread linger on more than necessary, and the "lightning spell crash" (and possibly more unexpected errors) were caused due to a bad installation on my part. I doubt anyone will experience the same issue, but if so, please pm me and I'll gladly help out.
Re: Lightning Spell causing crash? [message #61307 is a reply to message #61298] Thu, 03 February 2011 01:47 Go to previous message

Retired
Jlozano124 wrote on Wed, 02 February 2011 10:47

Anyways, the problem has been solved. I've let this darn thread linger on more than necessary
I enjoy discussing the olden times.

(I'm assuming by "pwnage" you mean a ban of sorts, and hopefully not just rude, unnecessary words)
"Pwnage" is defined herein as any series of harsh, cruel statements reinforced by moderator powers of the pwner designed to embarrass or irritate the pwnee, or a small game of back and forth between two or more moderators to see who can come up with the most awesome result, like in editing of posts. We're bored, mostly.

And I remember (and really do miss...) the "Grand Old Days" of this forum, and before anyone points fingers or looks to blame anyone, do take into consideration of Fable II and III. And seriously think: why do you think those "Grand Old Days" do not exist anymore? I want anyone who's reading this to try to think about that.
Half of the would-have-been modders got tired of waiting for a PC release of Fable and moved onto other games. In the early age of Fable modding, people got frustrated with the limitations and moved onto other games. Over six years after the initial release, there are still things we can't do, and there have been countless talented people who have come and have moved on to other games.

The problem is the interest in Fable and our limitations. If Fable for PC was released alongside the Xbox release and we had somehow developed overhaul mods and engine rebuilds and hacks to allow online PvP then we'd be the belle of the ball. But that's not how things went. Any other factors would be unimportant and negligible.
Previous Topic: FlyingMod
Next Topic: noob needs help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:59:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01505 seconds