Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » A little confused (Vista + Free Roam)
A little confused (Vista + Free Roam) [message #61187] Thu, 20 January 2011 17:41 Go to next message
holloren is currently offline  holloren
Okay, I'm a little bit stuck. I've been following the directions in this guide:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6220& ;start=0&

However, I get stuck at the end of Step 6
"6. It will then ask you to place the final albion wad dumper. YOU MUST PLACE IT IN THE DATA FOLDER, ABOVE THE LEVELS FOLDER! NOT THE LEVELS FOLDER!. Then wait a few minutes for it to finish."

I get this strange error

It says it's from Microsoft .NET Framework, but I already have 3.5 . I don't know if it's because I missed something or if I'm being incompetent. What exactly did I do wrong.

I also forgot to mention that I also already took ownership of my "C:/.../Fable The Lost Chapters"

Is there something I missed?

Btw, I'm trying to figure out how to add bodyguards, but it would involve me ripping FinalAlbion.wad using FreeRoam.
Re: A little confused (Vista + Free Roam) [message #61188 is a reply to message #61187] Thu, 20 January 2011 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
You'd get a lot farther if you searched for the error you're getting. "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream" means that you've got yourself an FE-compiled FinalAlbion.wad, which means you used a mod that edits the FinalAlbion.wad, it was compiled, and now cannot be used by FreeRoam. So get yourself a clean FinalAlbion.wad off of your retail discs, and use FreeRoam to dump the clean copy of the archive.

You did everything else right.
Re: A little confused (Vista + Free Roam) [message #61189 is a reply to message #61188] Thu, 20 January 2011 18:25 Go to previous message
holloren is currently offline  holloren
Oooh... I could most definitely see how that could be a big problem. Damn.. my bad for wasting your time.. I probably should done that.

Thanks for the info.
Previous Topic: balverine mod
Next Topic: Well, I'm back!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:37:55 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00988 seconds