Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » New here
New here [message #61214] Wed, 26 January 2011 17:29 Go to next message
pctopgs is currently offline  pctopgs
Hello modders, I'm new here but I dont modify TLC I just want a model viewer or texture viewer of the game so I can learn a little about the models...Can anyone help me please?
Re: New here [message #61215 is a reply to message #61214] Wed, 26 January 2011 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
FableExplorer can view, export and import textures in a variety of formats. It can also view, export and import models as DirectX. I'm sure you have other questions so let's have them.
Re: New here [message #61216 is a reply to message #61215] Wed, 26 January 2011 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes: How do I get to the directx models?
Re: New here [message #61217 is a reply to message #61216] Thu, 27 January 2011 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Open FableExplorer, double-click graphics.big, find and open the entry you wish to export. There will be a button for exporting meshes. It will not be the ones that say subheader or entry data, it will be lower. I forget where it is exactly, and I'm not in the mood to open FE just to find out.

Few notes:
The model doesn't start out as DirectX. The raw data is a proprietary format, FableExplorer converts it to DirectX on export but sometimes a few things are lost in the conversion. This has to do with Fable using custom floating points. This usually comes in the form of UV coordinates being off a little bit or by astronomical amounts. Sometimes a vertex will be in the wrong place. On rare occasion, skinweighting will be a little inaccurate. Most of the time, you won't even notice these things.

Some of the models have frame names that aren't supported in DirectX and require that you change the name so that you can actually use it. Thread.

Autodesk 3DS Max requires DirectX import/export plugins. mofo Xporter plugin for import/static export and Andy Tather's Pandasoft plugin for animated export. Blender should already have plugins but don't expect to get Blender meshes back in Fable unless you're really, really good. And Microsoft's DirectX SDK includes a DirectX viewer.
Re: New here [message #61247 is a reply to message #61214] Sun, 30 January 2011 08:19 Go to previous message
thanks
Previous Topic: Files missing on server??
Next Topic: Fable Explorer Issues on XP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:03:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01131 seconds