Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » changing villager model's
changing villager model's [message #61291] Wed, 02 February 2011 06:13 Go to next message
x assassin x is currently offline  x assassin x
so i started changing the model id from villagers form the Bowerstone slums i changed it so i had a jack of blades black smith, guild master bartender ect but i couldn't change the model's of villagers like crate carriers and unemployed people (example: creature-1726_bowerstone_slums_villager_male_base-creature scroll down to graphic then model id then i changed (int)model id to 4519 (mesh banditking 01) apply changes-save mods and run fable then i go to bowerstone south and cant find anyone that looks like twinblade, plz help
Re: changing villager model's [message #61293 is a reply to message #61291] Wed, 02 February 2011 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Torionel
If I remember right, all creatures with part "_base" in his names spawn wrong; my game always crash if I spawned something like that. Try to change mesh ID of other villager.

But I think it happens because they normally haven't any model Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2011 06:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: changing villager model's [message #61313 is a reply to message #61291] Thu, 03 February 2011 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Find which villagers need to be changed by going through the VILLAGE entry. Look for CVillagePeopleDef. Should give you a list of CREATURE entries somewhere in there, that way you know you're editing the right people. You may have to purge the population (kill everyone) a few times or perhaps start a new game for it to work.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 February 2011 01:57]

Re: changing villager model's [message #65992 is a reply to message #61291] Mon, 05 March 2012 06:29 Go to previous message
Exsolute is currently offline  Exsolute
I have been working to fix this myself and I found the answer a few days ago if you still are here.

In CREATURE under cdef is the components bar. in there at the very bottom is a CTC for randomappearancemorph. All villagers and certain rival heros have that cause they have more than one appearance and it will generate an outfit from the CCreaturedef.

Now you can do this one of two ways. You can change the randomappearancemorph to a graphicappearceanimatedmesh by swapping in the code. then what ever graphic you give the villager that is what ALL villagers of that group will look like.

Or you can make a new creature by importing the data of the villager you want and then changing that ones components to graphicappearanceanimatedmesh and when you spawn it, it will have the look of the graphic you pic. This is how I did my Mod on the Gladechief to beable to marry him and twinblade and most male special chars. Also a chicken >:D.

Also if you want your char to have a certain voice there is a spot for that but it is also labeled unknown in FE in CCreatureDef for each creature. Only way to marry a guy is to make sure it has voice AM3 cause that is the one with the link to marriage. for straight guys AM1-2. Females have 3 voices you can use to link to marriage. But if you like one over another there is that.

Be-warned this only changes appearance not faction or fighting style or stance. That is all in CAppearance and CEnemy.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 March 2012 06:31]

Previous Topic: how do youcreate a weapon
Next Topic: Exception during X-File parsing.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:16:33 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01021 seconds