Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Spear animations (Beta)
Spear animations (Beta) [message #61444] Sun, 13 February 2011 16:56 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I have compiled a spear combat style that overwrites your current staff combat style. This FMP also edits johndoe's melee spear to use the style. I will begin work on a new set of spears instead tomorrow, but until then there's this. This essentially gives you a stabbing attack and a haft swing. It also gives you an interesting combat idle stance when you have the spear out.
WARNING:You cannot jog with this at the moment, that will be fixed in the next release. I put this in a WIP thread because this IS a work in progress. I just felt like releasing a beta. Enjoy. Wink
EDIT: It seems the stab attack does nothing. I'm going to try replacing it with another and see if it works. Expect another release today.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2011 07:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Spear animations (Beta) [message #61447 is a reply to message #61444] Mon, 14 February 2011 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Beta release 2: Fixed the issue where stabs do nothing to enemies or environment, by using a different animation. The following FMP had best be used after using the one above, unless you feel like changing the animation group the spear uses manually as shown below.
Detailed explanation for a simple process. Wink
EDIT:Forgot the FMP.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2011 07:35]

Re: Spear animations (Beta) [message #61452 is a reply to message #61447] Mon, 14 February 2011 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

When I apply the two fmps and try to use JohnDoe's spear, my hero can not swing the spear or walk while the spear is in his hand. Hero can walk with the spear on his back though. I don't know enough about animations to know why this is happening, but I wanted to let you know it is happening. The spear has worked for me in the past, just so you know.

Re: Spear animations (Beta) [message #61455 is a reply to message #61452] Tue, 15 February 2011 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hmm... I know I don't have any proper jogging animations set for it yet, but you should be able to run as well as swing. Did you make sure that in the animation group area of the CWeaponDef the text box said STAFF? Also, are you using the child hero for that? Because I know with keshire's staff animations they don't take effect until your hero's teenage years.

Re: Spear animations (Beta) [message #61467 is a reply to message #61455] Thu, 17 February 2011 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Figured out your problem jwc, I edited the cappearancedef keshire had used for his staff animations, which was a new entry requiring the CREATURE_HERO entry to be linked to it and be packed away. I have supplied another FMP, just use this one in place of the previous one.(I did not put in the modified cweapondef of johndoe's spear once again.) Hope this works this time around.
EDIT:Also, I have decided to leave this in beta for the time being, as I have thought of another use for the cappearancedef. Let's just say it involves the hero learning as he grows. Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2011 07:01]

Re: Spear animations (Beta) [message #61469 is a reply to message #61467] Thu, 17 February 2011 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
asmcint wrote on Thu, 17 February 2011 08:59

I did not put in the modified cweapondef of johndoe's spear once again.
If you edited it, you can go ahead and include it in the mod and still have mine as a prerequisite. As the CWeaponDef is named, yours will overwrite mine, assuming you didn't change the name.

Or you can include the whole of my mod, edited of course, in your FMP. However you want to do it, it just has to be easy for people to use.
Re: Spear animations (Beta) [message #61475 is a reply to message #61469] Thu, 17 February 2011 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

To be clear on this in case someone wants to use this in the future:
you need to apply Keshire's staff animations first to get this mod to work, be sure to get the run-jog fix in the 6th post as well:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=39578& amp;&srch=staff+animations#msg_39578

Once you apply those two fmps, then apply asmcint's first fmp, and you will get his changes. The second caused the hero to lose the ability to attack.

Re: Spear animations (Beta) [message #61476 is a reply to message #61475] Fri, 18 February 2011 06:59 Go to previous message

The loss of ability to attack is because I didn't include a CREATURE_HERO entry linked to the cappearancedef in the FMP. Also, the third one's stabbing actually causes damage, the first one's does not.

Previous Topic: Ulquiorra helm
Next Topic: Graveyard makeover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:58:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01259 seconds