Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Mesh question.
Mesh question. [message #61503] Sat, 19 February 2011 23:59 Go to next message
AlexanderTheAlright is currently offline  AlexanderTheAlright
I'm currently making a new sword, which i'll put on later. I based it on the master longsword. I know how to make everything else. I need to know how to clone meshes so I can edit my custom weapon mesh.

I'm now really getting back into mods again, so forgive me if I seem like a noob.
Re: Mesh question. [message #61511 is a reply to message #61503] Sun, 20 February 2011 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Take a graphics.big entry, preferably one similar to the one you'll be importing, and rename it. Apply Changes. Do not save changes and run Fable. Instead, package the renamed entry in an FMP, close FableExplorer, open it again, Load the FMP and boom, new mesh entry. Import your mesh over each LOD, assign textures in each LOD, apply changes. Assign the new mesh to your object entry and you're good to go.

Read this if you get stuck somewhere.
Re: Mesh question. [message #61513 is a reply to message #61511] Sun, 20 February 2011 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks.

I'm now really getting back into mods again, so forgive me if I seem like a noob.
Re: Mesh question. [message #61514 is a reply to message #61513] Mon, 21 February 2011 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do I clone the inventory text for the custom sword? When I call the sword Mightyzeus' Longsword, The master Longsword is called MightyZeus' Longsword too and has the same description.

Re: Mesh question. [message #61515 is a reply to message #61514] Mon, 21 February 2011 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

It works the same as JohnDoe described.
And I already told you this before, same story:

OldBoy wrote on Sat, 19 February 2011 22:58

Did you use search?
Or look in the stickies? This one for example?
You would've found this info:
Quote:

#Creating a new weapon entry

#Creating a new CDef, different method here, more info here

Read it all. Everything is there.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Mesh question. [message #61516 is a reply to message #61515] Mon, 21 February 2011 02:48 Go to previous message
ok. thanks.

Previous Topic: About DX9 Model ripper
Next Topic: Fable Explorer Freezes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:57:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01269 seconds