Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Sword texture
Sword texture [message #61554] Wed, 23 February 2011 17:08 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I attempted to make a new texture for the wooden sword, supplied in GWAS 2, which would make it look like a shortsword instead. However fable instead just takes the different pieces and places them haphazardly on the wooden sword. Is it something I've done wrong, or is it a problem with the weapon's texture mapping? Because I know all the original wooden sword texture is, is a big piece of wooden pixels.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2011 17:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sword texture [message #61556 is a reply to message #61554] Wed, 23 February 2011 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
A retexture has to match up with the old texture. You can't just put the pieces together and Fable will just know how to slap the texture onto the model, that's done in coords, texture mapping. So you either have to edit the model's texture mapping to fit your texture or edit the texture to fit with the model's texture mapping.

Later on I'll go take a look at the model for you and prepare a template that you can use.
Re: Sword texture [message #61557 is a reply to message #61556] Thu, 24 February 2011 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks. Surprised

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Sword texture [message #61561 is a reply to message #61554] Thu, 24 February 2011 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Looking at these UVWs, I see that the texture coords overlap a few times. This may cause issues but let's just see what happens. Simple UVW template render attached.
  • Attachment: Template.png
    (Size: 2.72KB, Downloaded 504 times)
Re: Sword texture [message #61566 is a reply to message #61561] Fri, 25 February 2011 07:44 Go to previous message

It works perfectly. Very Happy

Thank you. Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2011 07:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Nude Mod
Next Topic: Changing the hero's JOB outfit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:10:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01161 seconds