Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » SHIELD!!!
SHIELD!!! [message #61638] Mon, 28 February 2011 16:47 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Alright, I'm working on a thunder transform mod, (No activation, just load the FMP and make a new game so everything works right) and I want to have your hero wielding a shield, but the use it as a ranged weapon approach I know from trying one such mod, just sucks. I decided to attach it to Keshire's Thunder Armor Chestpiece using Nicdude2's merge armor's technique, and I'd make the hero start out wearing thunder's armor in his teenage years and make it unremovable. Unfortunately, I did it right but the shield didn't appear. So I decided to ask if someone experienced with 3DS max could "sew" the shield mesh to the chestpiece mesh where it needs to go.(Keep in mind I'll wind up modding the CAppearanceDef to give the hero all thunder's animations, including blocking animations.)
Who knows, this may interest YOU oh god of admins, JohnDoe.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2011 16:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SHIELD!!! [message #61639 is a reply to message #61638] Mon, 28 February 2011 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Make it an animated mesh, then a clothing item. Not interesting.
Re: SHIELD!!! [message #61640 is a reply to message #61639] Mon, 28 February 2011 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Uhh, I'm confused now. What do you mean make it an animated mesh? O_O

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: SHIELD!!! [message #61641 is a reply to message #61640] Mon, 28 February 2011 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The shield is a static mesh, like rocks, buildings. Clothing, hair, anything that attaches to a specific motion joint ("bone") on the Hero is an animated mesh. So, it's kind of like making a glove. In fact you can make an extra pair of gloves that has the shield go with it.
Re: SHIELD!!! [message #61642 is a reply to message #61641] Mon, 28 February 2011 17:03 Go to previous message

Okay I understood that much. What I meant to say is how would I go about changing it from static to animated? If it involves modelling I'm doomed.

Previous Topic: Re-taking quests by quest table
Next Topic: Retexture Request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:15:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01485 seconds