Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Question about blocking
Question about blocking [message #61715] Fri, 04 March 2011 10:43 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I was wondering, is there a way to control how much an opponent blocks? Because I was wanting to make more realistic combat in fable, enemies that block better, and low enough health where three good hits is fatal, so long as you have an appropriate weapon, and then lower the amount of enemies to make sure you're not overwhelmed. Mostly because I want a good block filled battle with NPCS other than whisper and briar rose. =/

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Question about blocking [message #61716 is a reply to message #61715] Fri, 04 March 2011 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Try opening the CCreatureDef and changing the Dexterity entry to 3 or higher. I changed it from .5 to 3 on several bandits.
I don't know if they were really blocking more, or if I just haven't played in long enough to be able to tell.

Re: Question about blocking [message #61717 is a reply to message #61716] Fri, 04 March 2011 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Alright, I'll give it a shot, toy around with it, and test it out on some windmill hill bandits

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Question about blocking [message #61718 is a reply to message #61716] Fri, 04 March 2011 18:22 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 13:28

Try opening the CCreatureDef and changing the Dexterity entry to 3 or higher. I changed it from .5 to 3 on several bandits.
I don't know if they were really blocking more, or if I just haven't played in long enough to be able to tell.
I was looking into this just recently and I'm currently, like right this very second, going through it again more thoroughly, but there are some simple values somewhere in the CREATURE/CCreatureDef/CCreatureStatsDef that does have real and significant impact on how the creature behaves. First time I was goofing around with stuff and ended up with blindingly-fast merciless terminator guards that could punch the Hero into oblivion. So, yea, there's something there that can be done.

Though blocking, specifically blocking, I believe is done in combat abilities, the combat definitions and attack style/pattern, all that stuff that I don't really like messing with, heh.
Previous Topic: fable online
Next Topic: How do i mod...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:37:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01198 seconds