Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » My Fable is glitching really bad....
My Fable is glitching really bad.... [message #61779] Thu, 10 March 2011 18:35 Go to next message
Darkstar513 is currently offline  Darkstar513
When I started playing yesterday (first time, after a clean install, no mods or anything) my game graphics would glitch out, and become extremely choppy. Then, my monitor would shut off and turn back on and my character would be completely black. Like COMPLETELY black. Then, it kept happening, and a couple times its shut down my computer after flashing a blue and then a red screen.

Does anyone know whats wrong?
Re: My Fable is glitching really bad.... [message #61780 is a reply to message #61779] Thu, 10 March 2011 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soric is currently offline  Soric
ya most likely your video card is shot
Re: My Fable is glitching really bad.... [message #61785 is a reply to message #61780] Fri, 11 March 2011 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I doubt that, My guess is the runtimes didn't install properly.(In my experience, you don't assume hardware failure first, you try to find some software issues.)

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: My Fable is glitching really bad.... [message #61787 is a reply to message #61785] Fri, 11 March 2011 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Update your graphic drivers, re-install Fable. If problems ensue, I'd consider replacing your graphics card. Is this on a desktop PC or a laptop?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: My Fable is glitching really bad.... [message #61794 is a reply to message #61787] Fri, 11 March 2011 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darkstar513 is currently offline  Darkstar513
Noctus wrote on Fri, 11 March 2011 05:36

Update your graphic drivers, re-install Fable. If problems ensue, I'd consider replacing your graphics card. Is this on a desktop PC or a laptop?

its on my desktop PC. I'll see if i can update the drivers then get back to you.
Re: My Fable is glitching really bad.... [message #61795 is a reply to message #61794] Fri, 11 March 2011 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Here's a little how-to on that. Right click your wallpaper and click properties, Click settings, then advanced, there should be a driver button, click that and find the updater thingy.(I have a driver mismatch issue at the moment so things are a touch hazy.) Instead of searching the web for it, just have windows bring a list up. Find the latest one for YOUR graphics card.(In the previous window it SHOULD list what you're currently using.) Update to that one, and everything SHOULD be peachy. Very Happy

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: My Fable is glitching really bad.... [message #61798 is a reply to message #61779] Sat, 12 March 2011 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

I've seen the Windows updater occasionally get it wrong so I'd recommend going to the manufacturers website over relying on that, but whatever works for you. Let us know what happens.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: My Fable is glitching really bad.... [message #61817 is a reply to message #61798] Sun, 13 March 2011 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Noctus wrote on Sat, 12 March 2011 06:36

I've seen the Windows updater occasionally get it wrong so I'd recommend going to the manufacturers website over relying on that, but whatever works for you. Let us know what happens.
I cannot emphasize the importance of this enough. Do not rely on Microsoft Update for driver updates.
Re: My Fable is glitching really bad.... [message #61819 is a reply to message #61817] Mon, 14 March 2011 06:41 Go to previous message

I just said that because one time on an old computer I had(It WAS old, a pentium three processer), I had to update my driver to something openGL capable, and windows update got me that. Very Happy

Previous Topic: Goblins in Fable
Next Topic: can you upload gif files for your siganture?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:34:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01042 seconds