Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Unarmed damage for all enemies
Unarmed damage for all enemies [message #61885] Wed, 23 March 2011 21:46 Go to next message
eaglewing
Sorry if I missed out any posts regarding this problem. Embarassed

Just wanted to ask whether is there any possible way of altering the unarmed damage without changing the type and class? I tried punching an earth troll once, but to no avail. Sad

If it requires changing the type and class, which variable should I use?
Thanks in advance. Very Happy
Re: Unarmed damage for all enemies [message #61886 is a reply to message #61885] Wed, 23 March 2011 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
There's the Hero's CREATURE entry, CWeaponDef, CHeroStatsDef, and CCreatureDef. All will have variables that have to do with strength and damage. Fool around with them, just jack them to really high numbers and you'll be punching people to death in no time.

Edit: I'd really suggest leaving walk/jog/run/sprint speed variables alone, unless you like light-speed travel.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 March 2011 22:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unarmed damage for all enemies [message #61902 is a reply to message #61886] Fri, 25 March 2011 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eaglewing
JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 24 March 2011 13:06

Fool around with them, just jack them to really high numbers and you'll be punching people to death in no time.

Thanks for the help. Very Happy
Tried putting really high numbers, but it seems everything turned out rather differently; people and monsters do die, but somehow, that big lump of dust still doesn't understand the meaning of hurt. Could it be because it's immune to unarmed damage? Confused
Re: Unarmed damage for all enemies [message #61904 is a reply to message #61902] Fri, 25 March 2011 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
eaglewing wrote on Fri, 25 March 2011 02:50

Could it be because it's immune to unarmed damage? Confused
You know what, I remember people talking about that before and I think you might be right. Just check out the ARMOUR entries, you should be able to find which one it is. It's a very simple entry but I broke it down to very basic bits and pieces for some twit a long time ago - here you go.
Re: Unarmed damage for all enemies [message #61905 is a reply to message #61904] Sat, 26 March 2011 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I remember SHOT objects have a deflectable definition, where if the value is set to 1, the shot can be deflected, and if it's at 0, it can't be. Perhaps there's something similar in the hero's cweapondef?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Unarmed damage for all enemies [message #61908 is a reply to message #61905] Sat, 26 March 2011 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
asmcint wrote on Sat, 26 March 2011 10:35

I remember SHOT objects have a deflectable definition, where if the value is set to 1, the shot can be deflected, and if it's at 0, it can't be. Perhaps there's something similar in the hero's cweapondef?
No, he's not doing any damage to trolls because trolls are immune to unarmed attacks. The Hero doesn't shoot projectiles out of his punching fury fists anyway, he's not Chuck Norris.
Re: Unarmed damage for all enemies [message #61914 is a reply to message #61908] Sat, 26 March 2011 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 26 March 2011 13:25

he's not Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris sucks anyway.
Back on topic though, I figured there might be something like that in the cweapondef that might help, figured I'd put that thought up. Embarassed

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Unarmed damage for all enemies [message #61915 is a reply to message #61914] Sat, 26 March 2011 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Read the thread again. I think you may have missed a lot of the important bits.
Re: Unarmed damage for all enemies [message #61921 is a reply to message #61915] Sun, 27 March 2011 03:06 Go to previous message
eaglewing
Thanks again JohnDoe. Very Happy

It's like you mentioned, it has something to do with the ARMOR of trolls.

Most boss/semi-boss/bad-a** monsters are invulnerable to unarmed damage (referring to your guide, it's 0 for unarmed damage) so it's impossible to even hurt them at all. Shocked

Now that's solved, guess I'll have to change all armor ratings for other monsters as well. Confused

Really helpful. Thanks again. Very Happy
Previous Topic: Solus sword into soul reaver (from blood omen) retexture
Next Topic: The master sword
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:48:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01308 seconds