Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » .X export help
.X export help [message #61997] Wed, 30 March 2011 10:16 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Alright, I have a more realistic katana I made from morerunes sword template. I managed to get it to save right as a .blend file, but if I export it as a .X file, I just get the original katana mesh, no helpers texture or anything. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to export it for me, it doesn't have to keep the texture, but I need the helpers and the scaling to stay. The helpers moreso, because I can't work my head around how to put helpers on crap with notepad. I looked at morerunes' tutorial, and it hurt my head once the editing actually started. Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: .X export help [message #62109 is a reply to message #61997] Sun, 03 April 2011 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yunvich is currently offline  yunvich
the problem where not only the helpers, but the whole model i think. you scaled it, but when i exported and imported in a new blend file it lost the scaling. i tried to rescale yout katana with new proportions but the mesh preview screen just came out blank. same thing happened when i tried to make my own katana to look like yours. maybe its a lenght problem, but i really do not believe its the helpers
Re: .X export help [message #62111 is a reply to message #62109] Sun, 03 April 2011 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I know the problem isn't the helpers. However I need to keep them because I can't apply them manually. And I need to keep the scaling. Sad

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: .X export help [message #62112 is a reply to message #61997] Sun, 03 April 2011 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, there is one problem, the tip helpers are not on the tip, but that did not solve the importing problems
Re: .X export help [message #62113 is a reply to message #62112] Sun, 03 April 2011 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Of course it wouldn't! THE HELPERS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MY SCALING ISSUE. Mad I simply need them to stay. What is so hard to understand about that!?

Re: .X export help [message #62114 is a reply to message #61997] Sun, 03 April 2011 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool down, i did understand, in fact, i solved your problem, created a new katana, it now needs textures and its done
Re: .X export help [message #62115 is a reply to message #62114] Sun, 03 April 2011 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks! Surprised

Re: .X export help [message #62116 is a reply to message #62115] Sun, 03 April 2011 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay, I have a couple of problems which I tried to remedy myself, but I couldn't pull it off. Could you shorten the sword a touch and thin it down? Also, be sure that this time you disable the z axis flip, because I wound up holding the sword backwards. Laughing

Re: .X export help [message #62117 is a reply to message #62116] Sun, 03 April 2011 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry bout that, ill get that pretty quick
and, you actually got the blade to flip? never worked for me, i must see what i did with ur sword

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2011 09:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: .X export help [message #62118 is a reply to message #62117] Sun, 03 April 2011 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No, I didn't get it to flip, you failed to disable the z-axis flip when you exported, thus it was held backwards. Rolling Eyes

Re: .X export help [message #62119 is a reply to message #62117] Sun, 03 April 2011 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here it is, made it more slim and the blade is slightly shorter
about the blade flipping, i just meant that all the times i tried to flip z axis it just crashed the game

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2011 09:17]

Re: .X export help [message #62120 is a reply to message #62119] Sun, 03 April 2011 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

w00t! It works PERFECTLY. Thanks to you I now have THIS beauty in my inventory.

Re: .X export help [message #62121 is a reply to message #61997] Sun, 03 April 2011 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
happy i could help, maybe it might be a good idea to make a mod that swaps the katana base model with this one, but i cannot get to work one single object, let alone do such a complicated thing (ill still try, you can bet)
Re: .X export help [message #62122 is a reply to message #62121] Sun, 03 April 2011 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I was actually thinking about doing that myself. Laughing

Re: .X export help [message #62123 is a reply to message #61997] Sun, 03 April 2011 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the skill I have shown, you doing it sounds better Laughing
Re: .X export help [message #62124 is a reply to message #62123] Sun, 03 April 2011 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

lol. Hey, I have a quick question. How did you get the helpers to save? And the scaling for that matter. Confused

Re: .X export help [message #62125 is a reply to message #62124] Sun, 03 April 2011 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to scale the blade better, i went to edit mode and made it loger than the rest, then i just pressed the button with the blue square inside it, and that gives you a way to scale the item at your liking. then just File-Export-DirectX-etc etc
in your first file, you scaled it in a way i never saw before
Re: .X export help [message #62126 is a reply to message #62125] Sun, 03 April 2011 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I scaled it with the tool that pops up when you hit the n key. And you didn't answer the other part of my question. Confused

Re: .X export help [message #62127 is a reply to message #62126] Sun, 03 April 2011 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to save the helpers i did not do anything special, just exported all items, if thats what you mean
Re: .X export help [message #62128 is a reply to message #62127] Sun, 03 April 2011 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay... That's wierd, that never seems to work for me. Shocked

Re: .X export help [message #62129 is a reply to message #62128] Sun, 03 April 2011 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you import it to a new blend file i think they should disappear, when you export them to direct X its only for the game sistem, but they beacome invisible
Re: .X export help [message #62130 is a reply to message #62129] Sun, 03 April 2011 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, I attempted it to be sure, they didn't show up, but I tried copying them from the katana model you posted, into the file I tested, and it worked PERFECTLY. So now I can add helpers to stuff as long as I keep that model. Very Happy

Re: .X export help [message #62135 is a reply to message #61997] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
hey could this help me? i am trying to make a sword but the same thing happens to me?

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: .X export help [message #62138 is a reply to message #62135] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It could, if you know what to copy and paste. Very Happy

Re: .X export help [message #62139 is a reply to message #62138] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thats helpful Razz

Re: .X export help [message #62140 is a reply to message #62138] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just so you know ty, THIS IS NOT A TUTORIAL! ok, that said, i just took care of ascmint's specific mesh, and he was lucky, cuz normally my modified mesh just crush the game. if you are making a sword with blender, morerunes stuff is the best, thats what i use. also you can look on youtube for creating stuff in blender generically, so you understand it better
Re: .X export help [message #62141 is a reply to message #62140] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm not really making a sword i am just having trouble with direct x file probs. all i did was texture morerunes katana

Re: .X export help [message #62143 is a reply to message #62141] Sun, 03 April 2011 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You have to re-apply the helpers, and be sure that you aren't applying the texture with blender. If you want to add helpers, here's how I'm going to do it from now on. Open up the fixed model here, as well as your model's DirectX file, in notepad or another text editor. In the fix posted here highlight from
} //End of MeshTextureCoords down to the bottom. Copy that, then go into YOUR model. Highlight from } //End of MeshTextureCoords down again, then paste. You now have your helpers in place. Hit save, then load your model in FE. If it works, you will see your weapon in the preview screen.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2011 13:04]

Re: .X export help [message #62147 is a reply to message #62143] Sun, 03 April 2011 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then where am i going to apply the textures?

Re: .X export help [message #62148 is a reply to message #62147] Sun, 03 April 2011 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ugh.... You make a new texture entry with FE, load your texture image there, and apply it in the model's materials tab. Rolling Eyes

Re: .X export help [message #62149 is a reply to message #62148] Sun, 03 April 2011 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sry i am really new to weapons editing and stuff. i dont have much to look into this stuff all the time.

Re: .X export help [message #62150 is a reply to message #62149] Sun, 03 April 2011 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah, I kinda figured that much. Razz

Re: .X export help [message #62151 is a reply to message #62150] Sun, 03 April 2011 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i am stupid but do i replace an exsisting sword (when i try it pops up blank in preview) or do i make a new entry?

Re: .X export help [message #62152 is a reply to message #62151] Sun, 03 April 2011 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If it pops up blank in preview you're doing something wrong. Remember in both things to highlight from the line I listed down to the bottom. And if you want to make a new object, eventually you'll have to make new entries, which is done by renaming an entry of the type you're gonna use, packing it into an FMP, saving said FMP, then without saving and running fable, exiting FE, the re-entering FE, loading the FMP. You now have a new entry. And just so you don't pull a yunvich, all you need to make new entries for in the way of cdefs are the CInventoryItemDef, CWeaponDef, CObjectAugmentationsDef, and CStockItemDef. Anything else is not needed for packing.

Re: .X export help [message #62163 is a reply to message #62152] Mon, 04 April 2011 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Sun, 03 April 2011 22:55

And just so you don't pull a yunvich, all you need to make new entries for in the way of cdefs are the CInventoryItemDef, CWeaponDef, CObjectAugmentationsDef, and CStockItemDef. Anything else is not needed for packing.

thanks for mentioning me, but i dont think he wants an FMP.
when i was working on your mesh, sometimes loading it on FE did not work right and the screen just ended up blue, the background color. the last file is supposed to work anyway, tyscifi, if you want to use the mesh plz describe your problem better, so i can solve it (or at least try)
Re: .X export help [message #62164 is a reply to message #62151] Mon, 04 April 2011 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

tyscifi wrote on Sun, 03 April 2011 16:52

it pops up blank in preview

Seems pretty straightforward to me. His entire problem is a lack of helpers. I told him how to do that, anyway.

Re: .X export help [message #62165 is a reply to message #62164] Mon, 04 April 2011 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when it lacks of helpers and error icon generally shows up, and both the .x have helpers. i do not know why or when the blank screen shows, but it already happened to me twice
Re: .X export help [message #62166 is a reply to message #62165] Mon, 04 April 2011 12:04 Go to previous message

yunvich wrote on Mon, 04 April 2011 14:57

when it lacks of helpers and error icon generally shows up

Really? For me the hresult only comes up when the helpers aren't PLACED right or when a mesh has too many verts. Shocked Shocked

Previous Topic: New Sword Problem
Next Topic: textureing problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:11:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01173 seconds