Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D
icon10.gif  I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #62063] Fri, 01 April 2011 17:20 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I JUST figured out how to give a new augmentation it's own effect, when tinkering with my Ancient Augmentation. In the CAugmentationDef, you give it a type number, something the others don't use. Then you go into the CObjectAugmentationsDef of the weapon you want to have this effect. Click on the Augmentation Particles def, and use the unused Particle Slot. In the top unknown of it, put in your augmentation's type number. The unknown below that, you should not change. You have four unknowns below that second one, give the top two an effect you like, and the bottom two a couple of fitting trail effects. For mine I used FLAMING_SWORD_LEVEL_1, AUGMENT_FIRE_WOOSH_01, and AUGMENT_FIRE_WOOSH_02. You need the trail effects so that your effect doesn't grow with each swing. Now below that you have two listings, with no textboxes inside of them, and a textbox with the number 0 beside each. Change the 0 to 2, then click their add buttons twice. In your first textbox, put in 301293. In the second one, put in 335535. In the third, you put 301304. In the fourth, you put in 335546. These numbers tell fable what helpers to attach the effect to. Now click apply changes, then save the mods and run fable. If the new augmentation is in the weapon you edited, you will now have a new effect on the weapon. Very Happy

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #62075 is a reply to message #62063] Fri, 01 April 2011 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Glad you've got it down. I think new types start at... 512? Or 1024? Don't know. Bandit Slayer and Hobbe Killer augments aren't set up properly, but they do have their own bitwise types, so you'll want to skip those when making new ones. Unless you want to set those up proper.
Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #62076 is a reply to message #62075] Sat, 02 April 2011 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

For mine I used 500. Smile
Hobbe killer was supposed to come next in line after the last listing, with a number of 256.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 April 2011 05:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #62103 is a reply to message #62076] Sat, 02 April 2011 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
asmcint wrote on Sat, 02 April 2011 07:31

For mine I used 500.
No sir, unacceptable. It's bitwise. It will be in powers of 2. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, and so on. It's done this way because of how the game handles using multiple augments. No combination will conflict with one another... unless you screw up and use a different number.

500 would be... 4 + 16 + 32 + 64 + 128 + 256. So whatever those types are, that's what your augment is. That's not the proper way to do it.
Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #62107 is a reply to message #62103] Sun, 03 April 2011 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Wierd... So then why did 500 even work? Shocked

Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #62155 is a reply to message #62107] Sun, 03 April 2011 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
asmcint wrote on Sun, 03 April 2011 08:52

Wierd... So then why did 500 even work? Shocked
Because the game thinks its a combo of six existing augment types.
Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #62156 is a reply to message #62155] Sun, 03 April 2011 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

So, if 256 is the highest existing augment(I know 256 is hobbe killer), then I need to jump to 512, and if 512 is, then I go to 1024, right? Embarassed

Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #62161 is a reply to message #62156] Mon, 04 April 2011 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
asmcint wrote on Sun, 03 April 2011 19:05

So, if 256 is the highest existing augment(I know 256 is hobbe killer), then I need to jump to 512, and if 512 is, then I go to 1024, right? Embarassed
That's correct.
Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #69702 is a reply to message #62063] Sun, 03 November 2013 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnderZ312 is currently offline  AnderZ312
Hi, I'm reviving an old thread Wink
i was wondering now that you've been sucssesful in changing augmentations, i was wondering if you were able to add new augmentations, or atleast change the color of an existing one? example a dark red lightning augmentation would look pretty badass.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/183/1/5/15fb2863efd82e9e2dd427fdbce3748f-d3ktb0l.jpg
Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #69703 is a reply to message #69702] Sun, 03 November 2013 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I was able to make a new augmentation using existing effects with their original colors. I didn't, and still don't, have enough competency with a hex editor to tinker with the effects. Rolling Eyes

Of course, if you want to mess with the effects yourself, there's a wonderful thread you can look at to get started. Effects Discussion

Finally, I would've appreciated it if you'd just sent a PM to me instead of bumping a dead thread. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 03 November 2013 06:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #69722 is a reply to message #69703] Mon, 04 November 2013 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
asmcint wrote on Sun, 03 November 2013 08:01

I was able to make a new augmentation using existing effects with their original colors. I didn't, and still don't, have enough competency with a hex editor to tinker with the effects. Rolling Eyes

Of course, if you want to mess with the effects yourself, there's a wonderful thread you can look at to get started. Effects Discussion

Finally, I would've appreciated it if you'd just sent a PM to me instead of bumping a dead thread. Rolling Eyes

There's also this to be aware of:
http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=def_editing:augment_ ability_bits

Adding all the augments together should fill all the bits to 0xFFFF

Isn't there a app to modify the effects though?

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: I FIGURED OUT NEW AUGMENT EFFECTS! :D [message #69723 is a reply to message #69722] Mon, 04 November 2013 11:20 Go to previous message

If there is an app for it, it was added during the time in which I assume I was presumed dead due to inactivity. Confused

Previous Topic: How to marry Briar Rose
Next Topic: Eyes for good alignment?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:12:33 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01134 seconds