Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » New Sword Problem
New Sword Problem [message #62132] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:21 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Alright, I now have a NEW problem. This one doesn't involve helpers or scaling, but texture mapping. I need some help getting this edited longsword model to work with a texture I have for it.(I used blender's grab tool in sculpt mode to make it. Surprised )

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: New Sword Problem [message #62133 is a reply to message #62132] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

And the texture...

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: New Sword Problem [message #62134 is a reply to message #62133] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yunvich is currently offline  yunvich
i am really not good at texturing myself, but have this in mind : Blender does not attach the texture the same way FE does, and sometimes the preview in FE is not how the item will be in game, so i generaly go by tests
Re: New Sword Problem [message #62136 is a reply to message #62134] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I know that dude. I also know that the only reason this happened is because I made new bulges and edited old ones in the model, thus screwing with the texture mapping. And I don't have the first concept of texture mapping, so I'm leaving this up to someone who does. Very Happy

Re: New Sword Problem [message #62137 is a reply to message #62136] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
beacause its a longsword modification, and your texture is that of the longsword, it SHOULD go well. for the handle, wich is the one of a greatsword, i recommand this : make a new png, copy/past the handle part of your texture so it takes ALL the space on the picture, load it on FE and it will cover your whole handle
Re: New Sword Problem [message #62142 is a reply to message #62137] Sun, 03 April 2011 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
yunvich wrote on Sun, 03 April 2011 12:49

beacause its a longsword modification, and your texture is that of the longsword, it SHOULD go well. for the handle, wich is the one of a greatsword, i recommand this : make a new png, copy/past the handle part of your texture so it takes ALL the space on the picture, load it on FE and it will cover your whole handle

Textures don't work like that.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: New Sword Problem [message #62144 is a reply to message #62142] Sun, 03 April 2011 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Plus the texture's working fine for the handle anyway. Not the bottom part of it, or the tang, but the hilt on it's own is working just fine, as I made no edits to it.
And it is NOT a greatsword handle. This is entirely blender modified longsword. Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2011 13:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Sword Problem [message #62145 is a reply to message #62144] Sun, 03 April 2011 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srry about that, but the shape looked close to the greatsword one, in that case i really dont know how to help you.
any way, nico, the metod i used i only used it to edit creature textures, so i do not know how to work on weapon ones
Re: New Sword Problem [message #62146 is a reply to message #62145] Sun, 03 April 2011 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, it would work were my problem the hilt, because there's a submesh for the hilt, and one for the other crap. My problem is the pommel, tang, and blade. They get pieces of the texture strewn over them. Other than that it's fine, just that bit.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2011 13:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Sword Problem [message #62153 is a reply to message #62146] Sun, 03 April 2011 14:46 Go to previous message

Nevermind, it started working after I moved a helper down slightly so I wouldn't be holding it so close to the tang.

Previous Topic: Blender help
Next Topic: .X export help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:13:13 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01296 seconds