Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » why not ?
why not ? [message #62173] Mon, 04 April 2011 15:39 Go to next message
Ccharley is currently offline  Ccharley

hello or good evening all
I found this style of sword
I know what you think[index.php?t=getfile&id=9804&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2011 15:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: why not ? [message #62174 is a reply to message #62173] Mon, 04 April 2011 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

That's a very interesting sword... If I knew how to make models from scratch and apply helpers to crap that isn't based off of an existing fable weapon I'd give it a shot. Surprised
By the way, put the image in spoiler tags. In brackets put spoiler=Insert title here. then after the end bracket, put your image. then in more brackets put /spoiler. TADA! Very Happy

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2011 15:51]

Re: why not ? [message #62175 is a reply to message #62173] Mon, 04 April 2011 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

if you want to create it you can maybe take the mesh of the sword of aeons
That's about the same size and limit its probably give more style with the slot through which the blade =)
if I could just make a mesh but I'll try to do good> <
Re: why not ? [message #62176 is a reply to message #62175] Mon, 04 April 2011 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think avo's tear would do better. I think I'll actually give it a shot, but don't expect much quality. Rolling Eyes

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: why not ? [message #62177 is a reply to message #62176] Mon, 04 April 2011 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay, I made an attempt at this, and it looked good until I took a look at it with the texture. The warping I did to Avo's tear looked awesome, but I can't do texture mapping, so it looked wonky.

Re: why not ? [message #62178 is a reply to message #62173] Mon, 04 April 2011 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the blade is from a ps3 game
the quality of the latter in the game is not beautiful ^ ^
it is slightly bluish based improvement
One such improvement makes the blade inflamed
Moving resources and gives as an effect of blood flowing from this murderous beauty ^ ^
Re: why not ? [message #62179 is a reply to message #62178] Mon, 04 April 2011 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm gonna try this again, as I remember blender maps textures differently. Confused

Re: why not ? [message #62180 is a reply to message #62179] Mon, 04 April 2011 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah yeah, double post again, so shoot me. I managed to get it working, I fixed a sheathe issue I was having where it sheathed above the head, but the hero's holding it funky and it causes clipping with the hand. The swings look kinda cool, but whatever. Anyway, here's my attempt at the model, tell me what ya think. It was put together kinda crudely... If you like the model I'll get to the hard part. The texture. That kinda texture will take a bit of work to get working. Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2011 17:58]

Re: why not ? [message #62181 is a reply to message #62173] Mon, 04 April 2011 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

waaa I don't know how you do it ^ ^
frankly it is the blade
it is now clear that the hardest and longest its texture will be Confused
the handle, color, contour the cutting edge
short takes hard ><
I feel like I have a mega request:? I'm really sorry... Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2011 19:27]

Re: why not ? [message #62183 is a reply to message #62181] Tue, 05 April 2011 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It's fine. It's always fun to push myself to the limit.

Re: why not ? [message #62184 is a reply to message #62173] Tue, 05 April 2011 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

it's very nice of you =)
you want me to know?
Re: why not ? [message #62185 is a reply to message #62184] Tue, 05 April 2011 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Alright, I made a first attempt, but I doubt you'll like it too much, however I figured I'd post it here to see if you do. Rolling Eyes

Re: why not ? [message #62186 is a reply to message #62173] Tue, 05 April 2011 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I like =)
if you want a better skin for the weapon
it'll be good to remove the area I circled in
and change the color in dark brown, put 3 Curse of different sizes along the blade in the area of color
and to handle red =>

I say it is only if you want to do

[Updated on: Tue, 05 April 2011 07:22]

Re: why not ? [message #62187 is a reply to message #62186] Tue, 05 April 2011 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I don't know how to clip stuff off yet, so removing the tang(The area you circled) is a no go. As for the "Curses" if you mean the ghoulish things, I made an attempt for that with the texture, it didn't go well. As for coloring the hilt red, I already have recolored it once, doing so again will make it nearly black, and the details will be hard to make out. I noticed however that you said in the game this came from, it lights on fire. I can arrange that. Would you like it as a flourish effect, or a permanent effect?

Re: why not ? [message #62188 is a reply to message #62173] Tue, 05 April 2011 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

a permanent effect if possible it would be great =)
Re: why not ? [message #62189 is a reply to message #62188] Tue, 05 April 2011 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Alright, I'll toy with the effects and get a nice flaming effect for ya. Twisted Evil

Re: why not ? [message #62190 is a reply to message #62173] Tue, 05 April 2011 13:32 Go to previous message

=D thank you very much =D
Previous Topic: light sword v2
Next Topic: Project MS Paint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:48:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01132 seconds