Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Objects » The Reforged Sword of OldBoy
The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62278] Tue, 12 April 2011 12:56 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

This mod creates a new object titled"The Reforged Sword of OldBoy". Huge thanks to OldBoy, without whose creating of OldBoy's Broken Sword, this would not exist. Also thanks to whoever made blender, because without it, I couldn't have edited the model! Now without further ado, the stats of the weapon.
Damage:200
Weight:Light
Available Augment Slots:0
Initial Augmentations:Piercing, Sharpening, and Silver.
Description

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62295 is a reply to message #62278] Wed, 13 April 2011 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Graenditheos is currently offline  Graenditheos

I love the description of the sword, and it looks nice! I'm definitely getting it! Very Happy

http://i.imgur.com/g4cbR.gif
Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62296 is a reply to message #62295] Wed, 13 April 2011 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks. Very Happy

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62316 is a reply to message #62278] Wed, 13 April 2011 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I was wondering if the 'broken sword fix' would crop up again Smile

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62318 is a reply to message #62316] Wed, 13 April 2011 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What, this has been done before? Shocked

Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62321 is a reply to message #62278] Wed, 13 April 2011 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
the hobbes are commin, oldboy says, "COME ON SWORD OF OLD BOY"
hobbes: *HOBBE SPEAK*
briars portal appears and takes away the sword old boy: OH GOD D*** IT I NEVER LEARNED WILL!!!!!!
great looking sword, but its not flashy enough for me, i might download it but great model and texture amniscint

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62326 is a reply to message #62321] Wed, 13 April 2011 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I take it you're the kind of person who prefers a weapon that has spikes, knobs, cylinders, and other assorted shapes sprouting from every vertex of the blade? Rolling Eyes

Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62330 is a reply to message #62326] Wed, 13 April 2011 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
no not that accesive. just idk i dont download much anymore, i just look one thing i wanna do though is make a mace with spike floating around it

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62331 is a reply to message #62318] Wed, 13 April 2011 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

asmcint wrote on Wed, 13 April 2011 19:39

What, this has been done before? Shocked

I'm fairly certain there was one floating around years ago, before one of the many clean-ups of the site.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62333 is a reply to message #62278] Wed, 13 April 2011 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
Waspp made one; he basically just made the blade longer and added a respectable tip at the end, not quite like this where it gets thinner.

He never got it to be compatible with OldBoy's actual sword, nor did he get the texture working properly Confused

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62338 is a reply to message #62333] Thu, 14 April 2011 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, I guess he made his model from scratch, or used some improper editing tools... The two tools I used to edit OldBoy's model take the UV map with them. I use grab in blender's sculpt mode to extend vertices, and I used pinch to bring the broken end's verts into one meeting point at the tip. Both tools are such that the UV map still works just fine. Very Happy

Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62367 is a reply to message #62278] Thu, 14 April 2011 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
What makes me laugh is that no one seems to understand the origin of OldBoy's broken sword. "Broken Sword" is the name of one of the heroes/assassins in this movie. He was called that for his, well, broken sword. It's not like that broken sword in Lord of the Rings that was later reforged. But whatever, this looks pretty cool. Nice work.
Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62370 is a reply to message #62278] Thu, 14 April 2011 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thowcord is currently offline  Thowcord
I've been waiting for this for a long time. FInally someone has made one of the swords I've dreamed of the Reforged Sword of Old Boy Shocked

Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62374 is a reply to message #62370] Fri, 15 April 2011 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thowcord wrote on Thu, 14 April 2011 21:05

I've been waiting for this for a long time. FInally someone has made one of the swords I've dreamed of the Reforged Sword of Old Boy Shocked

JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 14 April 2011 21:01

What makes me laugh is that no one seems to understand the origin of OldBoy's broken sword. "Broken Sword" is the name of one of the heroes/assassins in this movie. He was called that for his, well, broken sword. It's not like that broken sword in Lord of the Rings that was later reforged. But whatever, this looks pretty cool. Nice work.

Thanks guys! Very Happy

Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62393 is a reply to message #62374] Fri, 15 April 2011 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
I remember a couple years ago i contacted oldboy with this idea...cant believe someone made it and did such a nice job

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: The Reforged Sword of OldBoy [message #62400 is a reply to message #62393] Sat, 16 April 2011 09:11 Go to previous message

Thanks. It was actually a relatively simple procedure. I exported OldBoy's model, opened it up in blender, and pinched the verts of the broken part into one meeting point with the pinch tool in sculpt mode, then dragged said meeting point out into the length of a respectable sword using the grab tool, and corrected any directional errors caused by my viewing angle. Then I exported the finished version, loaded morerunes' sword template, deleted the mesh, then imported the new one into there, placed helpers where they went, selected everything, and exported. Very Happy

Previous Topic: New Augmentation(O_O):Ancient Augmentation
Next Topic: Project MS Paint:Jack's Sword
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:04:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01044 seconds