Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Fable:The Grasp of Death
Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62666 is a reply to message #62654] Fri, 29 April 2011 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nostradamus
what about the guild gate?

Modding takes the fun out of the game but gets the game into the fun.
Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62667 is a reply to message #62666] Fri, 29 April 2011 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

That'll do, just be sure your lighting's good when you take the screeny. Very Happy

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62670 is a reply to message #62422] Fri, 29 April 2011 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
ok so is there anything specific that needs done currently? or do you just want me to take the noticable stuff and retexture and see what you think? and will this be the official place for discussion of the mod?

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62672 is a reply to message #62670] Sat, 30 April 2011 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Just find environment textures and see what you can do. Start off with the greatwood area if you can. And yes I think this will be the official discussion place, until I get enough to preview for a WIP thread. Very Happy

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62804 is a reply to message #62422] Wed, 11 May 2011 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is just an idea i thought of, what if we made two more types of silver keys, one that you get from completeting quests that have the good option and bad and doing good or bad, and each one has its own chest! and anything i upload feel free to put it in grasp of death.

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62805 is a reply to message #62804] Wed, 11 May 2011 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I was actually thinking of something similar, and slightly more realistic in the way of the activate by quest. There are four painting types for after you beat jack the first time around. There's evil and you killed your sister, good and you killed her, evil and you cast away the sword, and good and you cast away the sword. My idea is that anytime you kill Theresa, a sign will spawn in oakvale, by using the painting spawn special thingies, (I don't know what they're called for the life of me) and it's a message, from skorm himself, stating recognition of your power, and greed. He then gives you directions to a sword more powerful than anything else in albion, that only someone with a lust for power like yours can obtain. He then gives you a difficult clue on where to find the key to this sword, and another on where to find the sword its self. And essentially the same thing if you cast away the sword, except it's avo this time, and this time the sword is something meant for those who are willing to protect albion as a whole, no matter how corrupt they may act any other time. It should all be possible, and this will all spawn depending on your choices... Hopefully that will help improve the possibilities with each choice you make. Very Happy

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62806 is a reply to message #62422] Wed, 11 May 2011 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds like a good idea, and maybe do some mesh edits on the full evil horns. and if you wanna use the sword i made i would make the damage less if i were you, and could you set up an fmp for me? i really wanna see it in game.

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62817 is a reply to message #62806] Thu, 12 May 2011 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm working on putting it in an FMP, but I'm kinda lazy right now, so it's progressing slowly. Neutral

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62849 is a reply to message #62422] Sun, 15 May 2011 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Hey I retextured all the the environments to make the graphics better for Uchiha Fable.. If you want I can darken it all for you since you want it 'evil'. And you can use them if you're interested

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

[Updated on: Sun, 15 May 2011 15:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62850 is a reply to message #62849] Sun, 15 May 2011 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Throw hints of red in there, darken it a little, and it will be PERFECT. Twisted Evil Thanks for the offer. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Sun, 15 May 2011 15:40]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62851 is a reply to message #62422] Sun, 15 May 2011 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would if he gave me the texures and what he replaced
Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62852 is a reply to message #62851] Sun, 15 May 2011 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, we'll see what he says. :3 Right now I'm just happy to make such a promising leap. Btw, ty, if I were to send you a picture, would you be able to stick fable-esque lettering on its top and bottom saying "Fable:The Grasp of Death" for use as a splash screen? O_O

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62853 is a reply to message #62850] Sun, 15 May 2011 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
asmcint wrote on Sun, 15 May 2011 15:39

Throw hints of red in there, darken it a little, and it will be PERFECT. Twisted Evil Thanks for the offer. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Can do Smile no problem
tyscifi wrote on Sun, 15 May 2011 16:04

If you want... I replaced literally every landscape texture so you'd have to look through all the textures in FE and sort out all the ones I made. lol. It would probably take you forever

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

[Updated on: Sun, 15 May 2011 16:29]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62855 is a reply to message #62853] Sun, 15 May 2011 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OogaBoogaBooga wrote on Sun, 15 May 2011 19:24

tyscifi wrote on Sun, 15 May 2011 16:04

If you want... I replaced literally every landscape texture so you'd have to look through all the textures in FE and sort out all the ones I made. lol. It would probably take you forever

In that case, ty, you may as well not. Ooga, if you can add the changes I asked for and give me a mergable big, that would be perfect. Very Happy

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62857 is a reply to message #62852] Sun, 15 May 2011 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Sun, 15 May 2011 19:23

Well, we'll see what he says. :3 Right now I'm just happy to make such a promising leap. Btw, ty, if I were to send you a picture, would you be able to stick fable-esque lettering on its top and bottom saying "Fable:The Grasp of Death" for use as a splash screen? O_O
yah, i could probably do that

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62858 is a reply to message #62857] Sun, 15 May 2011 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Alright then. Time to set up a pwnage screeny of pwn. Twisted Evil

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62862 is a reply to message #62855] Sun, 15 May 2011 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Can do. What do you mean by hints of red though? Just actually put hints of red in random places? Or blood splotches? Or what, so I don't do the wrong thing Smile
By the way, it might take a few days. It took me 2 weeks+ just to retexture all the landscape, but I'll get it done

[Updated on: Sun, 15 May 2011 20:26]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62866 is a reply to message #62862] Mon, 16 May 2011 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Just put hints of dark red in random places of the texture, and make sure it isn't too frequent, that it's subtle, yet noticable, and overall, pwnsome. Very Happy

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62868 is a reply to message #62422] Mon, 16 May 2011 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/8201/splashimage.png
Well, as you know, (or maybe you don't)Tyscifi, and myself, with a bit of help from OogaBoogaBooga, have been working on a large scale mod. Well, I figure I have enough now, that I'd make a WIP thread.
Progress stuff 10:28

Key:Red=Not started; Yellow=In progress; Green=Done
Maps retextured to look twisted and evil, More legendary looking legendary weapons, Jack of blades blood sky a constant, a teleporter to the creature hub where the world tree will be placed with a bunch of bandits, and in the top of the world tree, a kick butt legendary earthen weapon.
Fewer enemies, with higher block rates, and more realistic health ratingsNew magic swords and crossbows
Mage traders to sell these swords and crossbows
Weapons and spells allowed in bowerstone with mortal children
Less needy Lady Grey(Because let's face it, after five minutes you wind up wanting to kill her.)
New tricked out armors of pwnage.

Screenshots of progress will be posted here every now and again, so be sure to keep an eye out.

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62869 is a reply to message #62868] Mon, 16 May 2011 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Will do Smile it will probably be friday when I have it done if that's okay

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62870 is a reply to message #62869] Mon, 16 May 2011 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Oops... I screwed up here. XD

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62873 is a reply to message #62870] Tue, 17 May 2011 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Do you want hints of red on everything like walls and rocks and stairs?

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2011 14:57]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62874 is a reply to message #62873] Tue, 17 May 2011 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Not on EVERYTHING, but on most. Just choose at random what you wanna put it on and what you don't want to. Very Happy

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62875 is a reply to message #62874] Tue, 17 May 2011 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Okay Very Happy that's easier

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62907 is a reply to message #62875] Fri, 20 May 2011 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Your .big will be ready tomorrow sometime

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62908 is a reply to message #62907] Fri, 20 May 2011 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you. This is coming along quite nicely. When you finish, if you want to, post a few screenies on the WIP thread. Very Happy

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62909 is a reply to message #62908] Fri, 20 May 2011 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
cool Smile once I'm done with my mod I'll try out grasp of death. I'll post the screenies tomorrow too

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62910 is a reply to message #62909] Fri, 20 May 2011 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okeys. >:D

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62911 is a reply to message #62910] Fri, 20 May 2011 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
When do ya' suppose you'll be done? O.o

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62912 is a reply to message #62911] Fri, 20 May 2011 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have absolutely no clue. I'm severely understaffed, with tyscifi being my only proper staff member, and there's a couple of my goals I don't have the knowledge to achieve as of yet. All in all, it's going to be a while I imagine, even more so if I can't get more people to help. But, this retexture of yours will clear off a good percentage of the work needed to be done. Very Happy

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62913 is a reply to message #62422] Fri, 20 May 2011 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint, i will be good with meshs, tngs, and textures, andything you want, just ask, also i figured out you can spawn twiinblade without crashing the game Twisted Evil

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62914 is a reply to message #62913] Fri, 20 May 2011 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

lol, all I'm really concerned with at the moment is figuring out how to get particle attachment via helper to work right for me, increasing block rates, and figuring out how NOT to screw up my UV maps on exporting. Confused

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2011 16:04]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62915 is a reply to message #62912] Fri, 20 May 2011 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
asmcint wrote on Fri, 20 May 2011 14:59

I have absolutely no clue. I'm severely understaffed, with tyscifi being my only proper staff member, and there's a couple of my goals I don't have the knowledge to achieve as of yet. All in all, it's going to be a while I imagine, even more so if I can't get more people to help. But, this retexture of yours will clear off a good percentage of the work needed to be done. Very Happy

Hopefully more people will help Smile once I'm done with Uchiha Chronicles I can help you out as much as ya' need, if you need me Razz

Is this how you want this stuff? What should I change?
few textures

Less red? More?

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2011 19:00]

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62923 is a reply to message #62915] Sat, 21 May 2011 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That looks PERFECT. Just what I need. Twisted Evil This will eliminate one major piece of work. Thank you. Surprised

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62924 is a reply to message #62422] Sat, 21 May 2011 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a big for the 3rd pic down
  • Attachment: paving.big
    (Size: 160.23KB, Downloaded 346 times)

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62925 is a reply to message #62924] Sat, 21 May 2011 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

lol thanks, but I think I'll just wait for ooga's full big, that way I won't have to do any unneccesary downloading or merging. Confused

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62933 is a reply to message #62925] Sat, 21 May 2011 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Give me an hour or two and it'll be ready Smile by the way would you like to have red water too?

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62936 is a reply to message #62933] Sat, 21 May 2011 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nah, I think I'll do without. I wanna also increase the good, in a way. (An epic foreshadowing? Or maybe not. Or maybe it is.)

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62939 is a reply to message #62936] Sat, 21 May 2011 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Okay.
Increase the good? O.o

Re: Fable:The Grasp of Death [message #62940 is a reply to message #62939] Sat, 21 May 2011 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

You'll find out eventually...hopefully.... Confused

Previous Topic: The error says "error displayng entry"
Next Topic: fable the zelda chapters (unless the votes change soon)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:12:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01664 seconds