Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video
[Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62596] Mon, 25 April 2011 16:57 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KkPa4jmz7M

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62631 is a reply to message #62596] Thu, 28 April 2011 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Excellent stuff as always, Morerunes.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62642 is a reply to message #62631] Thu, 28 April 2011 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Thank you, I try to be more coherent with every new video tutorial Smile

Re: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62643 is a reply to message #62596] Thu, 28 April 2011 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
thnx morerunes, just have to learn how to make a mesh
Confused

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62652 is a reply to message #62643] Fri, 29 April 2011 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nostradamus
tyscifi wrote on Fri, 29 April 2011 03:31

thnx morerunes, just have to learn how to make a mesh
Confused

im on the same road as you mate.
i recently found out that it isnt that hard, you just have to fool around with the program to get the feeling, and then once you got all the shortkeys, you are able to make a mesh (atleast i was).

Look, i know i messed up a little, but this is something im able to do already, im really looking forward on how to make curves and such, but one day, ill be there, just like you. just dont give up.

Modding takes the fun out of the game but gets the game into the fun.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2011 03:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62673 is a reply to message #62652] Sat, 30 April 2011 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Hey, I just ran a test out of curiosity, to see if FE writes models in the proper fable way instead of writing them the way they were when they were imported, and I found out, that you can fable ready your mesh by loading it into FE, not applying anything, and saving the model LOD. You now have a fable ready mesh to use from that, and it's far easier than screwing with the text. Very Happy (That's not to say it applies helpers, it just writes things the proper way, not the blender way.)

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Sat, 30 April 2011 16:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62674 is a reply to message #62673] Sat, 30 April 2011 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

asmcint wrote on Sat, 30 April 2011 18:26

Hey, I just ran a test out of curiosity, to see if FE writes models in the proper fable way instead of writing them the way they were when they were imported, and I found out, that you can fable ready your mesh by loading it into FE, not applying anything, and saving the model LOD. You now have a fable ready mesh to use from that, and it's far easier than screwing with the text. Very Happy (That's not to say it applies helpers, it just writes things the proper way, not the blender way.)

The whole point of making it fable ready is to make it recognize the helpers and stuff properly. You could do it this way, but in the end it's only more work

Re: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62675 is a reply to message #62674] Sun, 01 May 2011 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Are you sure? I have a model here that I used for the test and it looks perfectly fable ready now, and all I had to do is load it then export it. Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62677 is a reply to message #62675] Sun, 01 May 2011 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

If that worked then why even export it again?

Re: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62679 is a reply to message #62677] Sun, 01 May 2011 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I mean when I loaded in my previously blendered mesh, then exported it, it was the perfect fable-esque format. Rolling Eyes

Re: [Graphics] (Another) Weapon Tutorial Video [message #62681 is a reply to message #62679] Sun, 01 May 2011 19:46 Go to previous message

Administrator

No, I mean to say, that the point of making it fable-ready is so that it imports into FE properly. If importing it into FE and exporting it makes it fable ready, then why export it? You've already accomplished the purpose of making it 'fable-ready'. Just import it from blender and you're done.

But in my experience that isn't enough, and usually it doesn't work very well.

Previous Topic: [Weapons] Add weapons to inventory
Next Topic: How to make guards attack villagers & children
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:20:00 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01086 seconds