Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » UV mapping issue
UV mapping issue [message #62655] Fri, 29 April 2011 09:24 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Alright, I made a model and texture as a project to see if I could make a sword from scratch and put it in fable properly. Well, I got the helpers right, as my child hero is holding it perfectly, as you will see below. But you will also see that the sword he is holding is black, which is very wierd because I'm certain that texture was mapped to perfection. It showed up as such in the FE preview window. =/ So anyway, here's the screenshot of the rogue shortsword.

Any help would be appreciated, and if this is not enough I'll upload the model and texture. Neutral

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: UV mapping issue [message #62656 is a reply to message #62655] Fri, 29 April 2011 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

how about an fmp?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: UV mapping issue [message #62657 is a reply to message #62656] Fri, 29 April 2011 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Here ya go.(Warning:Overwrites iron pickaxe model)

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2011 11:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UV mapping issue [message #62658 is a reply to message #62657] Fri, 29 April 2011 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I think your mesh is screwed up, try again

I got an error trying to view it

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2011 12:00]

Re: UV mapping issue [message #62660 is a reply to message #62658] Fri, 29 April 2011 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Actually, scratch what I said on this post to anyone who saw it, I'll post the directx file. ^_^
Here it is!
  • Attachment: Shortsword.x
    (Size: 98.05KB, Downloaded 493 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2011 12:59]

Re: UV mapping issue [message #62661 is a reply to message #62660] Fri, 29 April 2011 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Well, immediately I notice that you didn't ready it for fable properly... your mesh is straight out of blender.

Here's a fixed version.

Oops, add a .x to the end of the file name for it to work...

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2011 14:18]

Re: UV mapping issue [message #62662 is a reply to message #62661] Fri, 29 April 2011 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That worked a little better. This time the texture showed for a few seconds, albeit distorted around the blade and hilt, and then disappeared before I could take a screeny of how it looked. Crying or Very Sad

Re: UV mapping issue [message #62663 is a reply to message #62662] Fri, 29 April 2011 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Make sure it's in all but the last LOD Mesh

Re: UV mapping issue [message #62664 is a reply to message #62663] Fri, 29 April 2011 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I did. Confused

Re: UV mapping issue [message #62665 is a reply to message #62664] Fri, 29 April 2011 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Got another fmp?

Re: UV mapping issue [message #62668 is a reply to message #62665] Fri, 29 April 2011 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Here ya go.

Re: UV mapping issue [message #62669 is a reply to message #62668] Fri, 29 April 2011 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I still get errors trying to view the mesh

Re: UV mapping issue [message #62671 is a reply to message #62669] Sat, 30 April 2011 07:41 Go to previous message

That's wierd. Maybe my mesh is broken. I'll try making a new one later and see what happens. Confused

Previous Topic: textureing problem
Next Topic: Nearly have it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:19:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01064 seconds