Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » JD's Ranged Weapons
JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63645] Sat, 25 June 2011 06:18 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I want to add onto and fix my ranged weapons, been considering some concepts. I want to start over on the shotgun and fix/tweak the doomsday and get rid of that zombie death sound from the explosion effect.

Looking for other concepts to do. Feel free to contribute ideas.
Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63649 is a reply to message #63645] Sat, 25 June 2011 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyscifi is currently offline  tyscifi
i thought that sound was on purpose, kinda my favorite part, and i never knew you tried to make a shotgun. and i know other guns like a pistol wouldnt have the right animations, so i hope people dont waste time saying stuff like pistols and smgs. Or thats what one topic had said.

"Smoke Meth, Hail Satan."
Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63654 is a reply to message #63649] Sat, 25 June 2011 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
The shotgun was scrubbed because I got bored and started messing around with other things. The sound was attached to the effect I was using and at the time I didn't know how to remove it, but I've since learned a lot more about effects. I suppose I can fix it as is and make an optional FMP to include an effect without the sound.

Oh, reminds me. Because there is a distinct lack of ranged weapons, there is also a lack of ranged weapon textures. You'll notice that the shotgun, doomsday and BlueTooth's arquebus are all derived from the same texture (in fact, the texture in mine isn't even edited, it's the one used for the Harvester). Rather than remap the meshes to other textures, I plan to use retextures made by the community to give these weapons new themes. I'll be going through the retextures already out there but if anyone has or is willing to make a retexture I'd be happy to look at it and, if permitted, use it in my mods. Would save me tons of time.
Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63656 is a reply to message #63654] Sat, 25 June 2011 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
What kinda' theme are you wanting for them? O.o I'll do it, I owe you anyway Razz

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2011 09:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63658 is a reply to message #63645] Sat, 25 June 2011 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, the reason i bet there arent many ranged weapons is cause not everyone has a 3d modeling program that can skinweight

Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63659 is a reply to message #63658] Sat, 25 June 2011 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

You don't need skinweights to do a bow, you just need to do a properly animated mesh. We could do it with blender if the support for directx didn't suck so much with the blender devs. Rolling Eyes

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63660 is a reply to message #63645] Sat, 25 June 2011 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sry i forgot, i thought it wasnt skinweights, but your right, animated mesh xD

Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63664 is a reply to message #63660] Sat, 25 June 2011 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Crossbows are static and so they don't have bones, they don't have skinweights. Longbows and pump-action crossbows (repeaters) require skinweights. It's the weighting of the mesh to bones that allows them to be animated meshes.

Still, the weighting for longbows and pump-action bows (particularly pump-action bows) is very easy, provided you have 3DS. Obviously it won't be easy in Blender, especially now that they've dropped support for DirectX. That aside, it's the simplicity of longbows/repeaters that allow for easy weighting so it's less of an issue than clothing.

Edit:
OogaBoogaBooga wrote on Sat, 25 June 2011 11:13

What kinda' theme are you wanting for them? O.o I'll do it, I owe you anyway Razz
Anything in the style of Fable, just such that it isn't so obvious that I mapped my meshes out to the exact same texture over and over.

Also, took a look at released retextures, maybe I didn't look good enough but I didn't see a single release for a Harvester retexture. Going on seven years and still not one. Hell, I'll see about making a couple retextures for various things that are lacking, but that will have to be later.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2011 10:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63665 is a reply to message #63645] Sat, 25 June 2011 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, i think unless blender comes out with one with a better direct x export, i will stick with the one i always use. And i guess i was right, but yah it would be easier to make them if more people could aford 3ds, but sadly i cant get a job

Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63666 is a reply to message #63664] Sat, 25 June 2011 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 25 June 2011 09:49

Anything in the style of Fable, just such that it isn't so obvious that I mapped my meshes out to the exact same texture over and over.

Also, took a look at released retextures, maybe I didn't look good enough but I didn't see a single release for a Harvester retexture. Going on seven years and still not one. Hell, I'll see about making a couple retextures for various things that are lacking, but that will have to be later.
Easy enough. You want .bmp's or new texture entries for them?
Also I saw one retexture of it but can't find it again. It made he harvester look.. evil? I guess

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63669 is a reply to message #63666] Sat, 25 June 2011 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
OogaBoogaBooga wrote on Sat, 25 June 2011 12:42

You want .bmp's or new texture entries for them?
No bitmaps. Use PNG. And individual image files would be better than BIGs/FMPs because I can quickly use them in 3DS and see how they'll look, rather than load them and extract them via FE.
Re: JD's Ranged Weapons [message #63670 is a reply to message #63669] Sat, 25 June 2011 11:53 Go to previous message
OogaBoogaBooga
Good point. I'll have them ready tomorrow-ish

Previous Topic: Nearly have it
Next Topic: guild master tattoo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:30:19 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01125 seconds