Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Definitions » Free Level-Ups
Free Level-Ups [message #63789] Wed, 29 June 2011 13:32 Go to next message
captainmorgan2013 is currently offline  captainmorgan2013
I'm pretty new to the modding world but here's a simple .fmp i made a little while ago that changes the experience price of all levels to cost zero, does not include spells (only stats). Apologies if this is already out there (most likely).

Second file is just a back up .fmp that reverts your exp prices back to normal.

-CaptainMorgan

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2011 13:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Free Level-Ups [message #63790 is a reply to message #63789] Wed, 29 June 2011 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Good one for a first mod, and I actually think this HASN'T been done before, most people who actually have the IQ to make a mod for fable also take great care not to unbalance the game, thus making mods like this few and far between. But I think you need to take a look at the definitions section rules, as you'll see the following.
rule 5.

5.All mods are to be accompanied with screenshots if the nature of the mod can be displayed in a screenshot;

And the nature of the mod can be displayed, just mouse over a stat, and screenshot away. Wink

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Free Level-Ups [message #63791 is a reply to message #63790] Wed, 29 June 2011 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Welcome to the forum ^^

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
icon4.gif  Re: Free Level-Ups [message #65401 is a reply to message #63789] Tue, 06 December 2011 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WILDFIRE is currently offline  WILDFIRE
It dose not work for me
Re: Free Level-Ups [message #65431 is a reply to message #65401] Mon, 12 December 2011 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Alright buddy, first of all this thread has been dead a while, you need to check dates before posting. Second, we can't help if all you say is, "this dose not work for me". We need specifics. Is there an error message? If not, does fable just simply crash and leave you looking at,"Fable.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."? If not, then does everything run fine minus the changes added? You have to give specifics, man. There are so many different things that could have gone wrong, it can't be told what it is unless YOU specify what happened, and don't just say, "this dose not work for me".

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Free Level-Ups [message #69354 is a reply to message #63789] Tue, 20 August 2013 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
volpe is currently offline  volpe
Sorry about resurrecting a really old topic, but it doesn't work for me either.

I'm using shadownet's fable explorer. I get no error message at anytime. Not when I load the mod in explorer nor when I'm in the game. It just doesn't set my skill exp costs to 0, they stay the same.
Re: Free Level-Ups [message #69355 is a reply to message #69354] Tue, 20 August 2013 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

It is possible the fmp was made with cbox, and can not be loaded with FE. Try loading it with cbox.

Re: Free Level-Ups [message #69358 is a reply to message #63789] Wed, 21 August 2013 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
volpe is currently offline  volpe
Tried it with cbox and now my game crashes at the loading screen after choosing which saved file. I get the error: Fable - The Lost Chapters has stopped working.

I also tried it with a fresh install and no other mods installed and still the error occurs. Could it make a difference that I'm using steam for the game?
Re: Free Level-Ups [message #69359 is a reply to message #69358] Wed, 21 August 2013 14:36 Go to previous message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I have no idea if steam matters. I guess you will be better off figuring out how to make the mod yourself in FE.

Previous Topic: Enviroment Mods
Next Topic: Gain exp when your summon kills enemies in fable tlc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:50:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01048 seconds