Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Objects » Hooded Mask
Hooded Mask [message #63927] Tue, 05 July 2011 23:50 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired

Spawn as: OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD

Special thanks to jwc2200 for testing.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2011 19:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hooded Mask [message #64711 is a reply to message #63927] Sat, 10 September 2011 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azazell is currently offline  Azazell
Help Me PLEAS i have problem with this hood i can't put it in FABLE EXPLORER pls HELP
Re: Hooded Mask [message #64714 is a reply to message #64711] Sat, 10 September 2011 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Azazell wrote on Sat, 10 September 2011 18:43

Help Me PLEAS i have problem with this hood i can't put it in FABLE EXPLORER pls HELP

You need to tell us what the problem is before we can help you.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6075/6107844442_6e1e369243.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Hooded Mask [message #68878 is a reply to message #63927] Sun, 23 June 2013 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zomufulord is currently offline  zomufulord
I am having an issue with this mod.
When I insert it into a chest, then use the chest in-game, the game crashes.

I used [OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD] inside the chest.

I am using ChocolateBox to install the mod also.
Re: Hooded Mask [message #68879 is a reply to message #68878] Sun, 23 June 2013 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Post the script you are using, the error is likely there, since the mod has worked for the 1300+ people who tried it.

Re: Hooded Mask [message #68880 is a reply to message #68878] Sun, 23 June 2013 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
zomufulord wrote on Sun, 23 June 2013 14:47

[OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD]

Go back and learn how to do chest scripts again. Or use ChocolateBox to make a chest.

ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD";
Re: Hooded Mask [message #68904 is a reply to message #68880] Tue, 25 June 2013 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using ChocolateBox to put it into a chest. But when the item pops up from the chest, the game exits and stops responding.

Also, when installing the Masked Hood.fmp, ChocolateBox splits the mod into multiple parts:

MESH_HERO_MASKED_HOOD
OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD
OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD_CAppearanceModifier Def
OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD_CInventoryItemDef
OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD_CStockItemDef
TEXT_OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD_DESCRIPTION
TEXT_OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD_TITLE
TEXTURE_HERO_MASKED_HOOD
Re: Hooded Mask [message #68905 is a reply to message #68904] Tue, 25 June 2013 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Every object created for fable is split into parts like that, since that is how the game is built. When putting it in a chest, only put OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD into the chest, or you'll crash the game. A chest can't hold a texture or CInventoryItemDef or anything like that, just objects.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Hooded Mask [message #68910 is a reply to message #68905] Wed, 26 June 2013 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
morerunes wrote on Tue, 25 June 2013 14:46

Every object created for fable is split into parts like that, since that is how the game is built. When putting it in a chest, only put OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD into the chest, or you'll crash the game. A chest can't hold a texture or CInventoryItemDef or anything like that, just objects.

If I remember correctly, cbox only searches in the game.bin when trying to spawn something. So we should probably stop naming the cdefs after the objects so when we search, it wont show the cdefs! But that would make it harder to make an fmp... It's really not that big of a deal, I'm just saying stuff..

Are you shpongled?
Re: Hooded Mask [message #68925 is a reply to message #68905] Sat, 29 June 2013 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've done that, yet the game still wants to crash.
Re: Hooded Mask [message #68926 is a reply to message #68925] Sat, 29 June 2013 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I repeat.
jwc2200 wrote on Sun, 23 June 2013 15:24

Post the script you are using....

Then we can look at it and possibly find an error, hopefully. In case you don't understand what I mean, the chest script that cbox creates should look like this:
Chest Script

Re: Hooded Mask [message #68929 is a reply to message #68926] Sun, 30 June 2013 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
I don't think the dude knows what a chest script is... Just spawn it for him. Make it a guard drop or somethin

Are you shpongled?
Re: Hooded Mask [message #70298 is a reply to message #68929] Thu, 10 April 2014 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LittleV is currently offline  LittleV
Lord and Protector JohnDoe,

Let me get some help from you. Love this mod, use it all the time, but since I always wear a beard, I have the clipping problem. Now, I tried going into AppearanceModifier and adding the same four entries to the arrays as there are for the separate assassin mask: v_neck, neck, chin, mouth. Saved it, applied it, ran it, nothing. What should I do to prevent the clipping?

Second question: If I wanted to make a white model, could I just copy/paste the 8 entries, rename them, and paint the texture?

Much obliged, honeycombs, tricksters, Mad Max fans.

V

"...the avatar is, to the metallic memory of chronology, what the subject is to the fruitful forgetfulness of History."
Re: Hooded Mask [message #70299 is a reply to message #70298] Thu, 10 April 2014 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
You're putting too much work into the wrong places. You're on the right track though. In the CAppearanceModifierDef there's the bitwise flags that determine which parts of the hero are covered by the clothing. Explanation in the wiki. Beards are 128, so you take the number in the CDef and subtract 128, you get a hooded mask that allows beards.

Attached is a mod that edits the CAppearanceModifierDef for this specific mod. It won't change anything else. Obviously you must first apply the main mod. Fix is borked.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 April 2014 22:39]

Re: Hooded Mask [message #70300 is a reply to message #63927] Thu, 10 April 2014 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheesh,

Such a good teacher, such a poor student.

First problem: used yours, of course, but got a bald guy with no hood (yes, hood is isntalled). Maybe 'cause I packaged it along side the 2.5 Item Pack.

Second: would be happy to do it myself, but I couldn't find the body slot bits! Am I stupid? It's not on the object, but it's also not on the AppearanceModifierDef. Not for the hood, at least. Hwere should I find it?

Third: thanks again for all your support. I'm getting beat on that age-changing thing we talked about. Might give it up.

Fourth: On a white hood, what's your word? Copy, paste, change reference numbers?

"...the avatar is, to the metallic memory of chronology, what the subject is to the fruitful forgetfulness of History."
Re: Hooded Mask [message #70301 is a reply to message #70300] Thu, 10 April 2014 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
That's my bad, I think. When I apply the mod, the mesh didn't link right in the CAppearanceModifierDef. Which is a serious problem if I edit the entry and pack it in another mod and other people use it, because then the wrong number shows up and you end up with no hood in the game.

So, that number, the 8115, change it to the one it's supposed to be. Open up the graphics.big, go to the bottom, open up the hood entry, that will tell you the ID number. Put that number into that box in the CAppearanceModifierDef, apply changes, save mods and run Fable. I can't tell you what the number is because it might be different for you.

Thing #2. That number right below, the 528, that's the body slot bits. It's been renamed CoversBodyAreaFlags in the updated def.xml but it's 36E9BC1B all the same. So, subtract 128, that's 400. You now have a beard-friendly hooded mask.

Edit. Going to remove my fix as it really isn't a fix. Also going to investigate why the mesh doesn't link right for me.
Edit 2. And now it does. I don't know. I cannot explain. Oh well.
Edit 3. Loading old mods with the new def.xml breaks def linking. Don't know why. Will investigate.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 April 2014 03:34]

Re: Hooded Mask [message #70307 is a reply to message #63927] Fri, 11 April 2014 10:37 Go to previous message
Works like a charm. Thank you once more, xxNick (I think this is the 106th time you've helped me).

My def's actually named (int)Clothing/Tattoo Body Placement, but it's the same code, and works. Go figure.

Much love. Stargate-SG1.

V

Previous Topic: Kingconsequenz' miscellaneous files [Sat, 11 January 2014 23:20]
Next Topic: Kingconsequenz' Infinity Blade
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:53:46 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01525 seconds