Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Retextures » Solus Greatsword retexture
Solus Greatsword retexture [message #63943] Wed, 06 July 2011 13:12 Go to next message
jalex228 is currently offline  jalex228
This one has been collecting dust in my Retextures folder since before I actually started posting. Just took a screenshot of it and put it up, no fancy background images this time folks.

Also, yes, it was supposed to be transparent on the blade, but it doesn't show in-game. I did all the correct things, (To my knowledge, EX; Import as DXT3, leaving the Apha on 1, etc.)
if you know whats wrong with it, please let me know. I don't really have the time to figure it out at the moment.

Have a weapon that looks too dull? PM me! I'll make it more......Suitable, in no time! Just tell me what colors you want and the name of the weapon or armor, and I'll do my best.
Re: Solus Greatsword retexture [message #63945 is a reply to message #63943] Wed, 06 July 2011 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
If you did all the right things.. try saving it as a .dds file and make sure you save it as Explicit Alpha DXT3

Also::
If you didn't do the right things, this is how you do it with Paint.NET...
-Use the free hand select tool and draw a circle around the part you want to add alpha to
-"Cut" the thing you drew a circle around (if that part disappears and is replaced with a strange checkered pattern you're doing good)
-Add a NEW layer to the image
-Go to the properties of that layer and set it to "Overlay" and change the transparency to about 230 - 200 (depending on HOW transparent you want it)
-"Paste" the image you "Cut" earlier and drag it to exactly where it was (if you did this right, you'll see checkers OVER the portion you just Pasted.)
-If all went well, save the image as a .png or preferably .dds. Make sure it's set to Explicit Alpha DXT3.
And then do what JohnDoe said Razz

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2011 15:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Solus Greatsword retexture [message #63946 is a reply to message #63943] Wed, 06 July 2011 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Open the mesh entry and flip over to the Materials tab. Reference image. Go down to Material Alpha Enabled and change the value to 1. Click the lower apply changes button first, then the other one. Save mods run Fable etc. etc. Have fun.
Re: Solus Greatsword retexture [message #63947 is a reply to message #63943] Wed, 06 July 2011 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, I done what you said, and it worked fine.....But I made it too faded. That was completely my fault, I have another with a lower amount of transparency, which I'll try later, but for now, I'm happy with the solid version.

Have a weapon that looks too dull? PM me! I'll make it more......Suitable, in no time! Just tell me what colors you want and the name of the weapon or armor, and I'll do my best.
Re: Solus Greatsword retexture [message #63950 is a reply to message #63947] Wed, 06 July 2011 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Yeah very tiny tweaks to the transparency make a huge difference. Glad to help
Keep it up!

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2011 18:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Solus Greatsword retexture [message #63951 is a reply to message #63943] Thu, 07 July 2011 07:48 Go to previous message
Seems like "Tiny tweaks" to anything on Fable really make big differences. I mean, I've been trying to make my own custom weapon (given up on it now) and I set the size to two, since the original mesh was not big enough, I figured it would just make it greathammer-size. It made it go higher than bowerstone's doors. I must say though, it is quite hilarious terrorizing bandits with a 50ft hammer.

Previous Topic: The Harvester Retexture
Next Topic: Pentagram Eye Retexture
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:08:36 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01554 seconds