Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » How To "Lock" Age And Alignment ?
How To "Lock" Age And Alignment ? [message #63985] Sat, 09 July 2011 20:44 Go to next message
Winter Sky is currently offline  Winter Sky
To put it as simply as possible:

How can I make it so that my character stays at age 35 and his alignment stays at a certain point, thus keeping the effects of that particular age/alignment position, regardless of age/alignment changing events?

And, yes, I used the search function...for about an hour.
Re: How To "Lock" Age And Alignment ? [message #63986 is a reply to message #63985] Sat, 09 July 2011 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Locking it is not possible. But you can adjust MaxAge to change the math in the age morphing equation, and you can modify items in the game to adjust alignment as desired. These are things that have been talked about on the forums.
Re: How To "Lock" Age And Alignment ? [message #63993 is a reply to message #63985] Sun, 10 July 2011 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winter Sky is currently offline  Winter Sky
Yeah, I read up on that stuff. I was just curious as to there was a way to stop it at a certain point, but I guess there isn't.

I fixed the age thing by lowering the aging gained by experience, but I think there are too many Def files under HeroMorphDef for my computer to load because it keeps freezing and crashing within minutes of opening that section (thwarting my efforts to delete the Alignment and Will morphs.)

I've again searched the forums to no avail for a mod that eliminates only the Alignment morphs and Will markings, but the only ones I found also remove Age effects, which I want to keep.

I'm starting to doubt anyone has released a mod that removes only Alignment and Will morphs, as it seems most are focused on Age and Scars. If it's not a bother, would you or anyone mind pointing me in the direction of such a mod, if one exists?
Re: How To "Lock" Age And Alignment ? [message #64345 is a reply to message #63993] Mon, 15 August 2011 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gamekrazzy is currently offline  Gamekrazzy
you are correct... the files needed to change alignment morphs and will hand morphs are in the CHeroMorphDef, but IDK if it is a good idea to delete them, and because I don't want to try it and screw things up (The game might not run, because I believe pointers might be pointing to nothing and cause the game to crash) I am not going to. sorry.

Helpful tip: use + to see what data is in it, and don't open the first unknown, as that is what is likely causing it to crash.

Why are you still reading this?
Re: How To "Lock" Age And Alignment ? [message #64347 is a reply to message #64345] Mon, 15 August 2011 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Gamekrazzy wrote on Mon, 15 August 2011 02:53

you are correct... the files needed to change alignment morphs and will hand morphs are in the CHeroMorphDef, but IDK if it is a good idea to delete them, and because I don't want to try it and screw things up (The game might not run, because I believe pointers might be pointing to nothing and cause the game to crash) I am not going to. sorry.
The game runs fine, we do this all the time.
Re: How To "Lock" Age And Alignment ? [message #64348 is a reply to message #64347] Mon, 15 August 2011 12:40 Go to previous message
Gamekrazzy is currently offline  Gamekrazzy
ok, if you say so admin. Razz

Why are you still reading this?
Previous Topic: HERO_BALVERINE movement?
Next Topic: Clothes Merging Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:36:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01284 seconds