Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » travel to hook coast quest error
icon4.gif  travel to hook coast quest error [message #64192] Sun, 31 July 2011 17:23 Go to next message
fableIRC
i've searched and searched for this problem on the site and can't find anything about it here, but i've found other sites that list the problem, they just lack any type of viable solution. i'm on the initial quest to hook coast, the one where you have to pick up the book in maze's quarters after you mother is abducted, it never get's picked up, and there's no way to end the quest without picking the book up. if anyone has a tip or trick on how to fix this bug with FE:SNB i would love to know it, or any other way to fix this would be great. post a reply or pm me please.

fableIRC
Re: travel to hook coast quest error [message #64193 is a reply to message #64192] Sun, 31 July 2011 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
There's no solution posted because there's no solution. I've had this issue too and the thing that saved me was having a save prior to this point in the game.
icon4.gif  Re: travel to hook coast quest error [message #64238 is a reply to message #64192] Fri, 05 August 2011 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fableIRC
that would be my luck, one thing though, after posting this on the forum i started a new profile in thinking that maybe there was a glitch in something i had already done, with the new profile i can't get the cullis gate to work, there are no quests to do, i can't do a world save implying that i'm still on a quest, yet the guildmaster has already given me the guild seal and all that stuff, it's like i'm frozen in the middle of a quest, or more properly the quest will never end to allow me to move on to the next part of the game.... is there something or some way to edit quests in the game? a way to make sure that the trigger that ends the quest will really end it? another note to mention, on the new profile when i check my statistics for game play time, it's showing the same amount of time roughly that my first profile has on it... seams like a glitch to me, or is that a global stat for how much time the game was played since being installed?
Re: travel to hook coast quest error [message #64239 is a reply to message #64238] Fri, 05 August 2011 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Wow, you hit two obscure game-breaking glitches in a row. You should buy a lottery ticket.

I have run into both of those, and I could not pinpoint the cause of either, nor find a solution. And I have tried, rather diligently. But for that one that you have now, I think it might possibly be caused by exiting the guild and skipping the experience tutorial during the quest. I know that gameflow likes to flow along a certain line and skipping a step anywhere along that line causes issues.
Re: travel to hook coast quest error [message #64244 is a reply to message #64239] Fri, 05 August 2011 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 05 August 2011 18:05

Wow, you hit two obscure game-breaking glitches in a row. You should buy a lottery ticket.

Seems to me its more like he should be worried about lightening strikes, lol.

Re: travel to hook coast quest error [message #64256 is a reply to message #64192] Sat, 06 August 2011 07:56 Go to previous message
fableIRC
no doubt on both of those, could be good or bad karma, lol, anyway, i would post the save games here but that doesn't seam to be an option, oh well, going to throw in the towel again, i'm at a total loss and was hopping for a good kick in the right direction, but as not i'll reinstall it and try that next, thanks for the replys.

fableIRC
Previous Topic: priceless...
Next Topic: HOLY CRAD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:17:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01111 seconds