Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Kung Fu?
icon5.gif  Kung Fu? [message #64228] Thu, 04 August 2011 14:18 Go to next message
Crowmock is currently offline  Crowmock
Would love to see the Hero's fighting abilities be a bit more kung fu-ish considering you ARE a hero and should know something better than childhood fighting abilities. And an outfit wouldn't hurt either Wink perhaps a little bit of retextured will bottoms and bandit top? For a start.

"You have the easiest job in the world privates. Just be at the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform."

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2011 15:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Kung Fu? [message #64229 is a reply to message #64228] Thu, 04 August 2011 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
If you mean custom animations, that's out. Unless you are extremely good at math, reverse engineering, collaboration, app development, and have a really good understanding of 3D model formats. So again, that's out.

However, what could be done is changing out some of the Hero's boring animations with some more exciting animations. For example, replacing rolling backwards with a kicking backflip. This requires swapping out which animations are used in the CAppearanceDef. We have tools for that, as well as tutorials.
Re: Kung Fu? [message #64230 is a reply to message #64228] Thu, 04 August 2011 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I thought as much, truth be told that wasn't why I made this thread. Originally I wanted to return my hero to his villager size rather than his hulk-esque appearance. But then I searched the forums and found what I thought I was looking for, something you had accomplished at some older point in time, and ran it. But unfortunately it wouldn't return my hulk back to normal. So I made a new profile and confirmed that it did work. I then tried to use the hero save exploit to give me the items and stats of my original and wound up with my hulk once more -_- anyway, long story short, could you help me with that? And as for the animations I'll look into those sounds interesting Smile

"You have the easiest job in the world privates. Just be at the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform."
Re: Kung Fu? [message #64231 is a reply to message #64230] Thu, 04 August 2011 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
That's an easy matter and there are several mods already out there for it. Second section of the CHeroMorphDef (there are four sections), just delete all the array listings and the Hero will always be normal-sized.
Re: Kung Fu? [message #64232 is a reply to message #64231] Thu, 04 August 2011 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will that work if the Hero is already a giant?

Edit:
Tired so I'll make this quick, I don't know how to delete those array files. If you could point me in the right direction I'd much appreciate it.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2011 22:00]

Re: Kung Fu? [message #64233 is a reply to message #64232] Thu, 04 August 2011 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Then you're looking in the wrong place because it's as straightforward as it gets. Scroll to the first CHeroMorphDef, 10535 if memory serves me well, open it. When the entry window opens, click the + to expand a tree view. There will be four sections, click the second one. You will see either six or eight (can't remember) bone morph listings in the array, and in each listing there will be a button on the left labeled Del. Del means delete. Click it. When there are no more bone morphs to delete, click apply changes, click Actions|Save Mods and Run Fable, and you're good to go. Edits to the CHeroMorphDef do not require a new profile. So it does not matter how far along the bone morphing is when you remove it.

And if that fails you can manually edit the bncfg files in data\bones. Open them with any text editor, they're plaintext. The general idea is to have the Hero's bone morphs all look like this:

Creature_type: CREATURE_HERO;
#Start_group_settings
#End_group_settings
#Start_Bone_data
#End_bone_data

And don't forget the blank line at the bottom. Without that the morph doesn't... you know what, I guess that won't matter for this.
Re: Kung Fu? [message #64236 is a reply to message #64233] Fri, 05 August 2011 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I greatly appreciate your help on this matter and I have a couple questions, if you'll indulge me, first of all for some odd reason there is no delete button in the arrays (I'm using Fable Explorer) any reason for that? And second, which bncfg files would I edit? I would think to leave the young and teen alone but I should edit the strong and tall am I correct?

Edit:
I added an image of what I see when I get to the arrays.

Edit:
After getting lucky while searching the forums I came across the tutorials I was looking for. I thank you for all the help you provided. Very Happy
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 182.40KB, Downloaded 442 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2011 11:05]

Re: Kung Fu? [message #64240 is a reply to message #64236] Fri, 05 August 2011 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Ugh, Vista issue. Check out the Vista/Windows 7 Primer thread in the Tutorials subforum, that will get you on your way. What happened is that the edits were made but not to the file that the game uses, only to a copy of the file that FableExplorer uses. So it looks like the edits were made but they were not. And the reason there's no delete button is because it's already been deleted.

Crowmock wrote on Fri, 05 August 2011 10:46

And second, which bncfg files would I edit? I would think to leave the young and teen alone but I should edit the strong and tall am I correct?
And weak as well. And fat if you're vain.
Re: Kung Fu? [message #64241 is a reply to message #64240] Fri, 05 August 2011 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks I got it all sorted out now, now I'm going to work on getting a different combat stance for the Hero because it causes a slight issue with the JoB armor where there is a space between the hood and body. Not too much of an issue but it still bugs me slightly :/

Re: Kung Fu? [message #64242 is a reply to message #64241] Fri, 05 August 2011 17:46 Go to previous message

Retired
Kudos to you. You are self-sufficient and so I give you the Awesome Member of the Day award.

As for the JoB outfit, not much you can do about it. A different set of animations may help somewhat, but the flaw is with the mesh itself. A true and proper one was never made, and that's why you're getting gaps.
Previous Topic: Small chest request
Next Topic: [REQ] Assassin Rush Trail Color
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 02:22:53 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01022 seconds